What is Symbicort for Cats and Dogs?
- Symbicort is prescription inhaler that combines a steroid, Budesonide, and a bronchodilator, Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate.
- The Budesonide in Symbicort is an inhaled steroid that decreases swelling and irritation of the airways and can help your pet breathe easier.
- The Formoterol relaxes and opens air passages in the lungs.
- Symbicort may help cats and dogs suffering from chronic asthma or bronchitis, and ease the symptoms of wheezing, coughing, and restricted breathing.
Why do cats and dogs use Symbicort?
- Symbicort may be prescribed for cats and dogs suffering from chronic asthma, bronchitis, or other respiratory disorders.
What else should I know about Symbicort?
- Using special feline and canine aerosol masks (sold separately) helps ensure that your pet receives the full dose of Symbicort. Be sure that the facemask you use to administer Symbicort fits your pet properly – it should fit snuggly around the muzzle and corners of the mouth.
- Ground shipping is required due to Department of Transportation regulations. There is no expedited shipping.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Symbicort?
- Symbicort is not an effective treatment of an acute bronchospasm, active wheezing or shortness of breath.
How do you use Symbicort?
- Shake well before use.
- Most effective when used with a spacer or chamber like the AeroKat or AeroDawg Aerosol Chambers. The chamber mixes the drug with air so that your dog or cat will breathe in the medication instead of swallowing it.
What is in Symbicort?
- Symbicort contains two drugs.
- Budesonide is a steroid that reduces inflammation.
- Formoterol is a bronchodilator that relaxes muscles in the airway to improve breathing.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Symbicort is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Symbicort?
- Dogs and cats may use Symbicort for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
Can Symbicort be used to manage asthma type conditions with equines??
Currently, we do not dispense this medication for use in horses. Please consult with your veterinarian with any further questions or concerns regarding this medication and your horse.Verified Answer
No expiration date. How long is symbacort good for??
Symbicort will be good until the expiration date listed on the box or inhaler. After that date it will need to be replaced. If you would like more specific information about the expiration date of the current inventory in stock, you can contact our pharmacy staff via email at [email protected] Other contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contactVerified Answer
Can symbicort be given to a dog??
Yes, Symbicort can be used in dogs when they have respiratory conditions such as asthma or COPD. Please contact your veterinarian to determine if Symbicort is an appropriate therapy for your dog.Verified Answer
Is there research supporting the use of Symbicort for feline asthma or just for canine asthma??
Symbicort is commonly used in cats with asthma, and there are many anecdotal reports from veterinarians and owners about its use. Please contact your veterinarian with any questions about which asthma medication is right for your cat.Verified Answer