What is Sileo for Dogs?
- Some of the most common noises that cause fear and anxiety disorders in dogs include thunderstorms, fireworks, traffic, construction, and loud music.
- Sileo contains the sedative Dexmedetomidine, which at a low dose to help calm dogs down, without heavy sedation, so they can keep fully functional.
- Sileo is an oral gel that absorbs through the mucous membranes in the mouth and is applied between the cheek and gum line.
- Sileo starts working in 30 to 60 min and lasts 2 to 3 hours.
Why do dogs use Sileo?
- Sileo is a prescription gel given on the gums that helps dogs that suffer from anxiety and behavioral problems caused by noises (noise aversion).
What else should I know about Sileo?
- The Sileo syringe should be discarded within 4 weeks after opening.
- Pregnant women should avoid handling Sileo.
What problems could my dog have with Sileo?
- Additional doses should be given only if your veterinarian recommends it, it has been 2 to 3 hours since the last dose, your dog is still showing signs of fear and anxiety, and your dog is not sleepy from the first dose.
- Side effects of Sileo include vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, low energy, slow heart rate, and decreased breathing.
What is in Sileo?
- Sileo contains the drug Dexmedetomidine.
- Dexmedetomidine works as a sedative and pain reliever.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Sileo is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Sileo?
- Dogs may use Sileo for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
How do you use Sileo?
- Sileo absorbs through the mucous membranes in the mouth.
- Dots of the Sileo gel are applied between the cheek and gum line.
- Wear gloves when handling Sileo to protect yourself.
- It is important to make sure the dosing ring is locked in place before administering Sileo to prevent an accidental overdose.
Sileo Dosing Video:
Sileo Further Dosing Video:
Most Liked Positive Review
Great product for dogs with noise induced anxiety!
Most Liked Negative Review
Ok for sileo
Sileo helps my dog manage stress during storms.From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
Would highly recommend for anxietyFrom UndisclosedComments about Sileo
Best anxiety/stress med EVER!From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
STORMS BEWARE, SILEO IS HERE TO SAVE THE DAY AND THE STRESSFrom UndisclosedComments about Sileo
Second year using this will be using again next year.From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
I love this product, so easy on my pups!From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
Great pet Rx service, Penny's Sileo works for her!From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
Great but priceyFrom UndisclosedComments about Sileo
I try to keep Sileo on hand during the thunder storms.From UndisclosedComments about Sileo
I would buy this product againFrom undisclosedComments about Sileo
Q & A
I have a dog who takes phenobarbital for seizures, I need an additional medication I can give him for fireworks/storms. Can this be taken with the phenobarbital??
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drugs, Sileo should be used with caution in animals that have or are prone to developing seizures. The active ingredient in Sileo, Dexmedetomidine, was shown to lower the seizure threshold in animal studies. In combination, a dose reduction of both Phenobarbital and Sileo may be needed due to the potential additive effects of these medications combined. Please contact your Veterinarian to see if Sileo is safe for your dog's specific situation.Verified Answer
I used the correct dosage per the chart for my dog (4 dots) and administered it correctly but I saw no change in her during an event with very loud noises. Her weight is a little more than in the middle range for 4 dots and my question is, will giving her 5 dots help her better but still not make her drowsy? This is an event she participates in.?
Would like more details on how is it administered. Thank you.?
Please see the administration videos and document available in the More Info section on our website. If you have additional questions please give us a call.Verified Answer
I have a 40lb dog, which would be 4 doses/syringe. If I only use 1 dose, how long can I store the other 3 doses and how would they be stored??
Sileo syringes are recommended to be used within two weeks of opening the syringe. Following the use of the first dose, the syringe can be stored in its original packaging at a controlled room temperature of 68-77 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as temperatures through 59-86 degrees Fahrenheit for a limited amount of time.Verified Answer
I purchased two tubes of silo gel for my dog the insert says it's supposed to be a clear or white Crystaline in color and both tubes or green color gel is this product so good thank you?
The products you received are the correct color. Sileo Gel is is a teal-green translucent color. The white, crystalline substance referred to in the insert is the active ingredient, dexmedetomidine, which is dissolved in the green-teal gel for administration.Verified Answer