Sentinel Flavor Tabs for Dogs Rx
Sentinel Flavor Tabs for Dogs
Sentinel contains milbemycin oxime (the active ingredient in Interceptor), plus lufenuron.
Sentinel Flavor Tabs make it easy to protect your pup from the worst pests. Give your dog one beef-flavored tablet a month to prevent, control, and treat intestinal worm infections --heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. Sentinel also breaks the flea life cycle by stopping the development of flea eggs.
- One tablet protects your dog from heartworm, hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm
- Stops the flea life cycle
- Once a month dosing
- Tasty flavored tablets dogs love
The active ingredient in Sentinel, milbemycin oxime, works on two levels to protect your dog from intestinal worms. It stops heartworm larvae from developing and kills adult roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms. Sentinel also contains lufenuron, an insect development inhibitor which stops flea eggs from maturing and breaks the flea life cycle. Dogs think the great tasting beef-flavored tabs are treats so dosing is a snap. Note: this medication does not kill adult fleas so you may need to treat your dog with an additional medication to control adult fleas.
What you should know about Sentinel Flavor Tabs:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Safe for dogs and puppies four weeks of age and older and two pounds and greater
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
For additional information about Sentinel Flavor Tabs, click the “More Information” and “Package Insert” tabs above.
Sentinel is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12 month supply per pet per order per year.
Most veterinarians require and the American Heartworm Society recommends an annual heartworm test before prescribing Sentinel heartworm preventative for your pet.
Talk with your pet's veterinarian for more information.