What is Selarid for Cats and Dogs?
- Selarid makes it easy to protect your feline or canine friend from dangerous and annoying parasites.
- The topical treatment is formulated to penetrate the skin and enter the bloodstream to provide systemic protection for one month.
- Just one application of the powerful active ingredient Selamectin prevents heartworm and treats and controls flea infestations.
- Selarid can also help against ear mites, roundworms, hookworms, mange, or ticks.
Why do cats and dogs use Selarid?
- Selarid is a prescription topical heartworm preventive.
- Selarid also prevents and controls flea infestations.
- In cats, Selarid also treats and controls ear mites, roundworms, and hookworms.
- In dogs, Selarid also treats and controls ear mites, sarcoptic mange, and Dermacentor variabilis tick infestations.
What else should I know about Selarid?
- Easy-to-apply monthly topical treatment.
- Kills fleas and controls flea infestations.
- Treats and controls many other parasites.
- Safe for cats 8 weeks of age and older.
- Safe for dogs 6 weeks of age and older.
- Safe for pregnant and lactating cats and dogs.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs and cats with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Selarid is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per cat per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one cat, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different cats in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of Selarid. It can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my cat or dog have with Selarid?
- One rare, and not usually serious, side effect of Selarid is skin irritation or loss of hair at the site of application.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as coma, weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils, trembling, excessive drooling, or if your cat or dog presses its head against the wall.
How do you use Selarid?
- Apply to the skin once a month as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Selarid?
- Selamectin, the active ingredient in Selarid, combats a host of parasites including fleas, heartworm, hookworm, roundworm, and ear mites.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Selarid is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat or dog to finish all of the Selarid?
- Dogs and cats may use Selarid for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Looking forward to startingFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Dogs 5.1 to 10 lbs
No Fleas! Effective, safe, topical product.From UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Dogs 10.1 to 20 lbs
One easy application monthlyFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Dogs 5.1 to 10 lbs
Happy face!!From UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Dogs 10.1 to 20 lbs
Critter ControlFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Cats 15.1 to 22lbs
Selamectin Refills for Spoiled Cats EverywheteFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 6 Doses for Cats 5.1 to 15lbs
Affordable and effective flea treatmentFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin)
NO HEART WORMS WANTEDFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin) 3 Doses for Puppies and Kittens 5lbs and under
Spoiled Cats AgreeFrom UndisclosedComments about Selarid (selamectin)
Q & A
Why does this product have to be vet approved. My veterinarian and a lot of them are not approving chewy anymore making owners wait weeks to pick up hand written prescription. It's very frustrating?
Selarid, selamectin, is a topical heartworm and parasite preventative for dogs and cats.This medication requires a prescription because an annual heartworm test is typically required before a heartworm preventative is prescribed for your dog or cat.Verified Answer
Does this product work the same as revolution flea medicine??
Selarid is a generic equivalent to Revolution. Meaning they are interchangeable and have the same active ingredient. The effects of both drugs will be the same. Both products have flea coverage and target the fleas and their eggs.Verified Answer