What is Revolt for Dogs?
- Revolt is a prescription, topical medication that prevents heartworm and parasite infections for dogs and puppies.
- Revolt contains selamectin, a parasiticide that protects dogs and puppies against heartworm, fleas, ear mites, ticks, and mange mites for one month.
Why is Revolt used for Dogs?
- Revolt kills adult fleas, flea eggs and prevents and controls infestations of fleas.
- Revolt prevents heartworm disease and kills the American dog tick.
- It treats and controls ear mite infections.
- It treats and controls sarcoptic mange.
What else should I know about Revolt for Dogs?
- Revolt is recommended for use in dogs six weeks of age and older.
- In humans, Revolt may be irritating to the skin and eyes.
- Wash hands after use and wash off any product in contact with the skin immediately with soap and water.
- Bathing or shampooing the dog 2 or more hours after treatment will not reduce the effectiveness of Revolt against fleas or heartworm.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog or cat. Dogs and cats with existing heartworm infections can have serious reactions after taking this.
- Revolt is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog.
What problems could my dog have with Revolt?
- Consult with your veterinarian before using this product and follow their specific recommendations for use.
- Due to alcohol content, do not apply to broken skin.
- Do not apply when the haircoat is wet.
- Stiff hair, clumping of hair, hair discoloration, or a slight powdery residue may be observed at the treatment site in some animals. These effects are temporary and do not affect the safety or effectiveness of the product.
How do you use Revolt?
- Apply to the skin once a month as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Revolt for Dogs?
- Revolt contains selamectin, a type of parasiticide medication that is effective against heartworm, hookworm, roundworm, fleas, and ear mites.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Revolt is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Most Liked Positive Review
Most Liked Negative Review
Nope, Keep Looking
Winner!From UndisclosedComments about Revolt (selamectin) for Dogs 5.1-15 lbs, 6 Month Supply
RevoltFrom UndisclosedComments about Revolt (selamectin) for Dogs 5.1-15 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Treating Allergic DermatitisFrom UndisclosedComments about Revolt (selamectin) for Dogs 5.1-15 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Working great!From UndisclosedComments about Revolt (selamectin) for Dogs 20.1-40 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Hooray for Generics!From UndisclosedComments about Revolt (selamectin) for Dogs 40.1-85 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Q & A
Does revolt work as a deworming? Or do you have to use another deworming to get rid of worms??
Revolt is used to prevent heartworm in cats and dogs. It does this by targeting the larval stage of heartworms, but it does not work as well against adult heartworms. According to the package insert, it has been shown to decrease active infections, but it is not effective at fully clearing the infection. The American Heartworm Society’s Official Canine Guidelines recommend against using preventatives as a sole heartworm treatment option. However, they still recommend using preventatives such as this product in dogs positive with heartworm to prevent further infection while undergoing treatment with other agents. The Revolt package insert states this product is safe to use in both cats and dogs infected with adult heartworm. Additionally, this product can be used as treatment for roundworm and hookworm infections only in cats. To determine if this is the right product for your pet, please reach out to your veterinarian.Verified Answer