What is Potassium Bromide Oral Solution for Dogs?
- Potassium bromide is an effective prescription anticonvulsant medication that can reduce the number of seizures your dog experiences.
- Your veterinarian may prescribe other anticonvulsants to be given with Potassium Bromide.
Why do dogs use Potassium Bromide?
- If your dog suffers from epileptic seizures your veterinarian may prescribe Potassium Bromide.
What else should I know about Potassium Bromide?
- Treats seizures due to epilepsy in dogs.
- Flavored solution may be easier to dose.
- Store the solution at room temperature.
What problems could my dog have with Potassium Bromide?
- Potassium Bromide is rarely used in cats due to adverse effects.
- Drowsiness is the most common side effect. It usually improves in the first few weeks of treatment.
- Other side effects may be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you notice anything worrying after you start giving the Potassium Bromide.
How do you use Potassium Bromide?
- Shake the solution well before every use.
- Potassium Bromide should be given with food. Always follow your veterinarian's instructions.
- Do not give salty snacks or salty foods to your dog while using Potassium Bromide.
What is in Potassium Bromide Capsules?
- This prescription medication contains Potassium Bromide, which is proven effective at controlling seizures.
- Potassium Bromide decreases seizure activity at the cellular level by suppressing nerve activity and excitability that can trigger a seizure.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- This Potassium Bromide solution is a compounded medication. The ingredients will be mixed specially for your dog or cat in our pharmacy.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Potassium Bromide?
- Dogs ay use Potassium Bromide for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes this Potassium Bromide Solution?
- This Potassium Bromide solution is hand-made in our pharmacy.
- There is a minimum charge of $49.99.
- Shelf-life limits orders to an 80-day supply.
Most Liked Positive Review
Way better than the gray-and-purple-factory made stuff.
Most Liked Negative Review
Significantly reduced my dogs seizures...From FLComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Unusual flavorFrom undisclosedComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Compounded RXs, better then expensive pills.From undisclosedComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Great customer service and prices.From undisclosedComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Good valueFrom Frankfort, IlComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Easy to use.From undisclosedComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Stopped My Terrier's SeizuresFrom Duluth, MNComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
MedicineFrom Hatfield, PA 19440Comments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Compounding Pharm.From Hatfield, PAComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Great Customer Service and low priceFrom PAComments about Potassium Bromide Oral Solution (Compounded)
Q & A
I am getting this medication from my local compound pharmacy and was told it needs to be refrigerated. Is the medication offered on your site different or does it require refrigeration as well??
The potassium bromide solution offered by VetRxDirect does not need to be refrigerated and should be stored at room temperature.Verified Answer
What does bromide treat??
Potassium bromide is used both as primary therapy and as adjunctive therapy to control seizures in dogs. You should discuss any further questions or concerns regarding the use of this medication with your veterinarian.Verified Answer
In the past my dogs K Bromide has come pre packaged and was pink in color. Today when I opened a new bottle supplied by my vet the color was yellow. Does K Bromide come in different colors for the same strength? Thank You?
K-Brovet contains potassium bromide and is pink in color. It is possible for this new product to have the same concentration of potassium bromide as K-Brovet. The color of the medication will depend on the inactive ingredients added to the product, such as flavoring. Verify with your veterinarian that the product you received is the same dose that your dog has been taking. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
I live in Louisiana. It's time for a new script for Potassium Bromide. Can my vet fax a script for Potassium Bromide to you or do I need to mail the original??
Desire, This would be a question for the veterinarian. We can accept prescriptions either in a fax directly from the clinic, or, the clinic may choose to issue a written prescription that we would need mailed in to us. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Is the price .15 per ml? Or am I reading this wrong? Thanks?
Sheryl, You are correct, compounded Potassium Bromide Oral Solution is priced per mL. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer