What is Pet-A-Lyte Oral Electrolyte Solution by Vet Classics for Cats and Dogs?
- Pet-A-Lyte is a supplemental oral liquid electrolyte solution that replaces fluid lost from vomiting, dehydration, and diarrhea.
Why is Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution given to cats and dogs?
- Pet-A-Lyte helps maintain normal fluid balance in the blood and tissue.
- It also helps maintain hydration in times of mild fluid loss due to vomiting or diarrhea, or whenever solid food cannot be tolerated.
- Pet-A-Lyte is perfect for post-operative recovery or inappetence for 2 to 4 days.
What else should I know about Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- The manufacturer recommends it for use in cats and dogs over the age of 12 weeks.
- Refrigerate any unused product after opening. Pet-A-Lyte is good for 30 days after opening when refrigerated.
What problems could my cat or dog have with Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- This product is inteded for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
How do you use Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: For vomiting or diarrhea, give small amounts (3 to 4 oz) up to 3 to 4 times a day until tolerance is established.
What is in Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- Calorie content: 67.6 kcal per 8 oz.
- Guaranteed analysis per 8 oz serving: Potassium 185 mg, Sodium 328 mg, Chloride 275 mg, Zinc 61 mg, Niacin 20 mg, Vitamin B12 0.006 mg, Alanine 1665 mg, Citrate 424 mg.
- Ingredients: Water, Brown Rice Syrup, L-Alanine, Natural Flavoring, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Bisulfate, Phosphoric Acid, Dextrose, Sodium Citrate, Zinc Sulfate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat or dog to finish all of the Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- Cats and dogs may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution?
- Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution is made by the manufacturer Vet Classics.
Great tool to have around!From UndisclosedComments about Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution 32oz Bottle
NoFrom UndisclosedComments about Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution
He loves the taste!From UndisclosedComments about Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution
Q & A
Is this given directly to the cat or placed in water bowl? I have several cats so would want to administer only to the target cat.?
The manufacturer of Pet-A-Lyte states that this is an oral electrolyte solution to help maintain normal fluid balance and hydration in times of mild fluid loss due to vomiting, and/or diarrhea, or whenever solid food cannot be tolerated. Feeding directions state to give small frequent amounts (3-4 ounces) 3-4 times a day until tolerance is established. It is also recommended to only use 2-4 days. This product should be administered directly to your intended pet cat in a separate dish/bowl and not diluted unless your veterinarian would direct you otherwise. Please consult your veterinarian to determine the appropriateness of this product for your pet cat, thanks!Verified Answer
To Whom It May Concern, I would like to know if you offer a pet- parent info sheet with a purse of the Petalyte water? Thanks in advance. Sincerely, Veronica?
This product does not come with a package insert, however, there is a tab to a link that provides this information on the product page, located just below the image of the product.Verified Answer
Does this product contain zinc? Isn't that bad for cats??
Pet-A-Lyte Electrolyte Solution contains 61 mg of zinc per 8 oz serving. Zinc may be beneficial for cats with certain medical conditions if deemed appropriate by a veterinarian. Please contact your cat's veterinarian before using this medication, or any other product containing zinc to determine if this product is recommended for your cat.Verified Answer
No it is actually good for cats something they need to survive but ONLY in small amounts thats why pedalight water works just as well in small amountsCommunity Answer