What is Panzquin for Dogs and Cats?
- Panzquin relieves the symptoms of Pancreatic Insufficiency Disorder (PID) in dogs and cats. PID is also known as EPI, or Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
- This over-the-counter medication replaces the pancreatic enzymes that your dog or cat doesn’t produce but needs to digest the protein, sugar, and fat in food.
- Panzquin also includes a source of Vitamin B12, or cobalamin, to help maintain regular levels of Vitamin B12 and prevent deficiency
Why do cats and dogs use Panzquin?
- Dogs and cats with maldigestion, or Pancreatic Insufficiency Disorder (PID)/ Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI), suffer from weight loss, discomfort, and hair loss because they can’t properly digest the nutrients in food.
- The condition shuts down the pancreas, which produces digestive enzymes.
- Panzquin replaces those enzymes so that your pet can digest needed proteins, sugars, and fats from food.
What else should I know about Panzquin?
- Improves digestion and nutrition absorption in pets with PID/ EPI.
- Fast acting.
- Powder form mixes easily with food.
- Pancreatic enzymes made from a pork product.
- Store in a cool, dry area out of direct sunlight.
- A 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 cc) scoop is included.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Panzquin?
- Cats often do not like the taste of the pancreatic enzymes powder and may be more likely to take tablets or capsules made from crushed tablets. Some cats also may eat one brand of enzymes and not another. Talk to your veterinarian if you are havign trouble with medicating your cat.
How do you use Panzquin?
- Panzquin works best when mixed with food and food is allowed to sit before feeding. Always follow your veterinarian's directions for use.
- Thoroughly mix the amount of powder recommended by your veterinarian with moistened, room-temperature pet food 20 minutes before feeding.
- For dogs, give 3/4 to 1 teaspoonful (3-4 scoopfuls). For cats, give 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoonful (1-3 scoopfuls).
- Avoid inhaling powder as it may cause lung irritation or worsen asthma.
- Avoid contacting your skin with the powder. Wash any powder from your skin as soon as possible.
What is in Panzquin?
- Panzquin contains pancreatic enzymes that break down the nutrients in food.
- These enzymes typically come from pork sources.
- Active ingredients: Each 2.8 gram (1 teaspoonful) contains a minimum of: Lipase - 71,400 USP units, Protease - 388,000 USP units, Amylase - 460,000 USP units, Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) - 500 mcg.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Panzquin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Panzquin?
- Dogs and cats may use Panzquin for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
This helps my dog qith pancreatitisFrom UndisclosedComments about Panzquin 8.11oz (230 Grams) Tub
Corgi tested, Pet owner approved!From UndisclosedComments about Panzquin
Noticeable improvementFrom UndisclosedComments about Panzquin 8.11oz (230 Grams) Tub
It helps!From UndisclosedComments about Panzquin
Medication was truly a lifesaver for our dogFrom UndisclosedComments about Panzquin
Excellent supplierFrom UndisclosedComments about Panzquin
Purchased monthly to control EPIFrom UndisclosedComments about Panzquin
Q & A
Can I use Panzquin on dry food or is it more effective with canned food?
The manufacturer recommends thoroughly mixing the amount of powder recommended by your veterinarian with moistened, room-temperature pet food 20 minutes before feeding. Dry food may be moistened or wet canned food may be used with Panzquin.Verified Answer
Do you have any idea when this product will be back in stock? Would like to be able to order ourselves as our vets office has an issue keeping some in stock for our EPI German Shepard. Thank you!?
At this time [3/9/2020], Panzquin is on backorder from the manufacturer and we are unsure as to when we will receive Panzquin. We suggest consulting your veterinarian, who may be able to suggest alternatives.Verified Answer
Can I get raincheck? I need to order this and would like to get this price??
Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee the price of items that are out of stock. Please contact our pharmacy for additional information.Verified Answer
Is this product derived from pigs??
According to the manufacturer, Panzquin is derived from pigs as the enzymes come from pork pancreas.Verified Answer