What is Osurnia for Dogs and Cats?
- Osurnia is a prescription ear medication for dogs that bacterial and fungal ear infections.
- Osurnia is a triple acting ear gel that contains an antibiotic, antifungal, and a steroid.
- The antibiotic and antifungal tackle the infection, and the steroid helps reduce pain and inflammation.
Why do cats and dogs use Osurnia?
- Osurnia is a prescription ear medication for dogs that treats otitis externa, outer ear infections.
- Applied into the ear, it works to reduce pain and inflammation as well as kill certain types of bacteria, yeast, and fungi that cause infections.
What else should I know about Osurnia?
- Osurnia is a refrigerated medication.
- Next day shipping with ice is required.
- Saturday delivery is an extra $20 charge and may not be available for all addresses.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Osurnia?
- Osurnia should not be used in dogs with damaged ear drums.
- You should prevent your companion from licking or scratching the ears for at least 20 to 30 minutes after the application of Osurnia.
How do you use Osurnia?
- Keep Osurnia in the refrigerator.
- Your veterinarian may ask that you bring the Osurnia into the office for administration.
What is in Osurnia?
- Osurnia contains three drugs.
- Florfenicol is an antibiotic that kills bacteria.
- Terbinafine is an antifungal that kills yeast.
- Betamethasone is a steroid that reduces pain and inflammation.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Osurnia is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Osurnia?
- Osurnia contains an antibiotic and an antifungal. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics and antifungals. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
I would order vet scripts from you.From undisclosedComments about Osurnia
I will shop at vetrxdirect again!From undisclosedComments about Osurnia
Q & A
Dear, Can I order this drug without a prescription? I am not in the USA, I am in Hong Kong.?
Osurnia requires a prescription from a veterinarian, and due to pharmacy law we are unable to ship outside of the United States.Verified Answer
According to the guidelines 2 applications 1 week apart. Just wondering if there is a delay for the second application what will be the out come??
Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian. Please contact your veterinarian for the right recommendation on how to continue treatment.Verified Answer
I have had the first dose but cannot make another appointment for 2 weeks. Will this be dangerous in anyway or would the treatment wear off/have to be started again? As it isn't administered after the 7 days??
Osurnia has been shown to be less effective if the second dose was not administered within 7 days. It is recommended to not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your pet's veterinarian. Please contact your veterinarian regarding your pet's treatment plan.Verified Answer
Side effects . Is it true after the application of osurnia the ear can't get wet for 45 days??
Side effects reported in one study included elevated liver function tests, weight loss, vomiting, and decreased hearing. The package insert states that the ear canal should not be cleaned for 45 days after the initial administration to allow contact of the gel with the ear canal. If it is cleaned before the 45 day period after initial application, it can interfere with the effectiveness of the medication. If you would like further recommendations or questions about this product, please contact your pet's veterinarian.Verified Answer