What is NovoLog Insulin for Dogs and Cats?
- Insulin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the pancreas to convert sugar (glucose) in the blood to energy for the body.
- Insulin therapy is prescribed to dogs and cats with diabetes. Diabetic animals are either unable to produce their own insulin or cannot use it properly.
- Insulin helps treat diabetes in cats and dogs by normalizing the glucose level in the blood.
- The insulin in NovoLog is Insulin Aspart.
- NovoLog is a U-100 rapid-acting insulin. U-100 means that each milliliter of insulin is divided into 100 dosing units.
Why do cats and dogs use NovoLog?
- Insulin is prescribed to dogs and cats with diabetes mellitus to help lower their blood sugar.
- Insulin is an ongoing, supportive treatment for diabetes.
What else should I know about NovoLog?
- NovoLog vials and pens should be discarded within 28 days after first puncture.
- Syringes and pen needles are sold separately.
- FlexPens can be used with U-100 insulin syringes or pen needles.
- FlexPens used with pen needles can only dose whole units. You cannot dial the pen to dispense a half unit.
- Vials should be used with U-100 insulin syringes.
- Store NovoLog in the refrigerator.
- NovoLog is not eligible for free shipping.
- NovoLog must be shipped next day in cold packs. Saturday delivery is an extra $20 charge to the carrier.
What problems could my dog or cat have with NovoLog?
- Insulin overdoses may be fatal. Contact your veterinarian immediately if your dog or cat is not acting normally.
- Signs of low blood sugar include weakness, depression, lack of energy, sluggishness, stumbling when walking, behavior changes, muscle twitching, seizures, or coma. It is a medical emergency if your cat or dog is unconscious or having a seizure.
How do you use NovoLog?
- Insulin works best when given regularly - at the same times each day and in the same way regarding feeding, such as always after a meal. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Double check the dose every time before you give the insulin to prevent overdoses.
- Keep a source of easily given sugar, such as corn syrup or honey, on hand at all times in case of low blood sugar. Follow your veterinarian's suggestions.
What is in NovoLog?
- The drug in NovoLog is Insulin Aspart.
- There are different kinds of insulin classified by how quickly they work, how long they last, or when they have peak effectiveness.
- Insulin Aspart is a type of rapid-acting insulin. Rapid-acting insulin reaches the bloodstream about 15 minutes after injection, peaks 1 to 2 hours later, and tends to last for about 2 to 4 hours.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- NovoLog is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the NovoLog?
- Dogs and cats may use NovoLog for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Are there insulin pens for dogs?
- Asked by Alice
Verified Reply - There are insulin pens available for NovoLog. It would be the same NovoLog pens that are used in humans. These insulin pens are available for purchase for your dog through VetRxDirect with a valid prescription.
am I correct to believe it's 125.99 per pen not per package, correct because it's usually it's 5x3ml?
- Asked by kade
Verified Reply - The price is per pen.
how much does cose?
- Asked by orlando
Is this insulin only for animals ??
- Asked by Angie
Verified Reply - Novolog is a human labeled insulin used to treat diabetes in animals. VetRxDirect dispenses medications only for animals with a veterinarian prescription.