Mexiletine (generic) Capsules for Cats and Dogs
Mexiletine is an antiarrhythmic medication used to treat heart conditions in small animals. It is used to treat ventricular arrhythmias and has similar mechanism or activity to lidocaine. It is often used in combination with atenolol.
What you should know about Mexiletine:
- Side Effects of Mexiletine: Vomiting or nausea, Trembling, Dizziness/unsteadiness, Shortness of breath.
- Mexiletine can be given with food to help alleviate upset stomach and vomiting. Mexiletine also appears to have fewer side effects than procainamide or quinidine.
- Talk to your pet's veterinarian before using this product.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
Mexiletine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand varies from order to order and variation to variation. VetRxDirect is unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.