What are Methocarbamol Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Methocarbamol is a prescription muscle relaxant. This medication works to prevent the sensation of pain by interrupting nerve impulses to the brain.
Why do cats and dogs use Methocarbamol?
- Methocarbamol is commonly used to control spasms or tremors caused by injury, disease, or surgery.
- If your companion suffers from a muscle injury or condition, your veterinarian may prescribe a muscle relaxant such as Methocarbamol for treatment.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Methocarbamol?
- The most common side effect of Methocarbamol is drowsiness.
- Methocarbamol may cause dark urine. This is generally not a problem.
How do you use Methocarbamol?
- Methocarbamol may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Methocarbamol?
- The drug Methocarbamol is a muscle relaxant that helps prevent the sensation of pain by interrupting nerve impulses to the brain.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Methocarbamol is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Methocarbamol?
- Dogs and cats may use Methocarbamol for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Veterinary Chiropractor recommendedFrom UndisclosedComments about Methocarbamol (Generic)
World of difference !From UndisclosedComments about Methocarbamol (Generic)
Q & A
What is the normal dose by weight??
Because Methocarbamol is a prescription medication which may be used for multiple indications, the appropriate dosage should be determined by your veterinarian.Verified Answer
My dog has been on this drug for 3 days. When stopped how long does it take to get out of his system??
According to available literature, the majority of methocarbamol should be gone from your dog’s system within 24 hours after your dog’s last dose. Contact your veterinarian if you have other questions or concerns regarding this medication.Verified Answer
My dogs dosage is 50 mg. Can this pill be divided into small enough doses for her??
These tablets would have to be divided into tenths to get the 50 mg dose. This tablet size and strength would likely be too difficult to split into ten uniform divided doses. Please contact your veterinarian regarding dosing in your dog.Verified Answer