What is Malaseb Flush for Dogs and Cats?
- Malaseb Flush is a prescription skin cleanser containing an antifungal (miconazole) and an antibacterial (chlorhexidine).
- Malaseb Flush's water-based formula also contains surfactants to help with gentle cleansing.
Why is Malaseb Flush used for cats and dogs?
- Malaseb Flush helps clean, treat, and dry the skin of dogs and cats affected by certain bacterial and fungal cconditions.
What else should I know about Malaseb Flush?
- Store at room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Malaseb Flush?
- For topical use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. If eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water and contact your veterinarian.
- If skin irritation develops or worsens, stop use and contact your veterinarian.
- Safe use of the product in ears has not been evaluated.
- Do not allow your dog or cat to lick the treated areas until they have dried.
How do you use Malaseb Flush?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Wash your hands after use.
What is in Malaseb Flush?
- Malaseb Flush contains the active ingredients Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2%, which is antibacterial, and Miconazole Nitrate 0.2%, which is an antifungal.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Malaseb Flush is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Malaseb Flush?
- Dogs and cats may use Malaseb Flush for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Malaseb Flush?
- Malaseb Flush is made by the manufacturer Bayer/Elanco.
Great companyFrom UndisclosedComments about Malaseb Flush 4oz
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Malaseb Flush 12oz
Essential Tool In Fighting Fungal InfectionsFrom UndisclosedComments about Malaseb Flush 4oz
Would By AgainFrom UndisclosedComments about Malaseb Flush
This is going in the piggy medicine cabinet!From UndisclosedComments about Malaseb Flush
Works great for my cocker spaniel ears....would buy againFrom Jacksonville, flComments about Malaseb Flush
Q & A
Do I need a prescription to buy Malaseb flush or Malaseb Shampoo??
Malaseb flush or shampoo is available without a prescription. Please ask your veterinarian if Malaseb flush or shampoo would be appropriate for your pet.Verified Answer
Can this flush be used in a dogs ear canal...?
Malaseb flush is an antifungal and antibiotic combination agent containing miconazole and chlorhexidine. It is used topically for fungal and bacterial skin infections. It is not indicated to treat ear infections. In some cases, chlorhexidine has lead to ototoxicity when used in ears. Even if it doesn't lead to toxicity, it can be very irritating to dog's ear canals. We do not recommend using this in a dog's ears without approval from a veterinarian. Contact your veterinarian for guidance on diagnosis and treatment if your dog may have an ear infection. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Am I supposed to rinse solution off after application so my dog does not lick? I am using on her tummy for a rash Vet did not mention rinsing it is soapy, should I rinse??
Maloo, The directions for use indicate that any excess solution should be cleaned off with cotton or other absorbent material, and that a pet should be supervised closely until the area dries. You do not want to allow your dog to lick the area until it is dry, to prevent ingestion of any of the flush. After applying, you'll want to wash your own hands. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
I have this product but forgot what I used it for. I am sure it is old but was wondering if I could use it on my outdoor cats paw until I can get him to the vet.?
Rosemarie, Malaseb Flush is a combination of antibacterial and antifungal agents for skin infections. We do not recommend using old pet meds or cat medications prescribed for another use or another pet. Please seek the professional opinion of your cat's veterinarian for treatment. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer