Lantus (insulin glargine) for Cats and Dogs
Lantus helps treat diabetes in cats by normalizing the glucose level in the blood. When your cat has a normal level of glucose in the blood the body works as it should and your cat may have fewer diabetic symptoms. Lantus is insulin glargine, a long-acting form of insulin formulated for injection underneath the skin (subcutaneously). Lantus is a U-100 insulin, meaning there are 100 dosing units per milliliter (mL).
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- Daily dosing
- Formulated for subcutaneous (under the skin) injection
What you should know about Lantus:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- SoloStar pens and Lantus vials must remain refrigerated until in-use (opened).
- 10 mL vial is good for 28 days refrigerated or at room temperature after first use.
- 3 mL SoloStar Pen is good for 28 days at room temperature after first use. Do not refrigerate once in-use (opened).
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- SoloStar pens can be used with U-100 insulin syringes or pen needles.
- SoloStar pens used with pen needles can only dose whole units. You cannot dial the pen to dispense a half unit.
- Vials should be used with U-100 insulin syringes.
- Syringes and pen needles are sold separately.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.