Lactated Ringers Solution for Cats and Dogs
If your cat or dog has renal failure or certain forms of cancer, your veterinarian may prescribe subcutaneous fluid injections at home. Lactated Ringers Solution (LRS), a sterile fluid contained in a bag, is often prescribed for rehydration and electrolyte balancing.
- Sterile fluid has a variety of beneficial effects
- Good source of water and electrolytes
- Available in a 250 mL, 500 mL, and 1000mL (1L) bags
- Product image is for representation only. Manufacturer depends on availability at time of shipment.
Prescription Lactated Ringers Solution for cats and dogs is an electrolyte solution used for subcutaneous fluid therapy at home. This sterile fluid contains certain elements that will help rehydrate your cat or dogs and restore her electrolyte balance.
What you should know about Lactated Ringers Solution:
- Talk to your vet about administration of this product.
- Discard unused portions.
- Needles and lines or IV sets are sold separately.
- 1000 mL bags of Lactated Ringers Solution in the Excel IV container by B Braun are DEHP free. DEHP is a plastic additive that makes plastic more flexible.
- B Braun 1000 mL LRS bags will only be filled with the B Braun brand.
- Other sizes and types of Lactated Ringers Solution are sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand varies from order to order and variation to variation. VetRxDirect is unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.