What is I-DEFENSE VET for Dogs and Cats?
- I-Defense Vet is a long-lasting, lubricating ointment for dogs and cats with severe dry eyes.
- It provides superior hydration and protection of the eye.
- I-Defense Vet is uniquely formulated to have prolonged contact-time with the eye surface, so your dog or cat receives continuous, long-lasting relief.
Why is I-Defense Vet used for dogs and cats?
- This ointment provides soothing relief from soreness, irritation, dryness, or inflammation associated with dry eye.
- I-Defense Vet is ideal for providing hydration to animals that suffer from severe dry eyes and nocturnal lagophthalmos, which is the inability to fully close the eyes during sleep.
- It contains sodium hyaluronan (HA). Hyaluronan is a natural biopolymer that provides long-lasting lubrication and hydration for the eyes and the cornea.
- Hyaluronan may help reduce evaporation of the tear film while acting as a barrier against moisture loss.
What else should I know about I-Defense Vet?
- I-Defense Vet is recommended to be used at night but can be used during the day as well.
- I-Defense Vet comes in a sterile tube. In order to keep the tip of the tube and the contents sterile, it is recommended that I-Defense Vet be dropped into the eye, without touching the cornea or surrounding tissues.
- I-Defense Vet is most effective when used at night while the animal is asleep, to allow for the ointment to remain on the cornea longer.
- I-Defense Vet should be used within 8 weeks of opening.
- Store away from direct heat, in a cool, dry place at a temperature ranging from 9°C to 25°C (48°F to 77° F).
- Do not use I-Defense Vet on more than one companion animal.
What problems could by dog or cat have with I-Defense Vet?
- When used during the day, the animal may experience some blurring of their vision.
- In case of ocular irritation, stop using I-Defense Vet ointment and consult your veterinarian for advice.
- After application, your companion animal may experience a foreign body sensation which passes after several blinks.
- Do not use I-Defense Vet in case of known hypersensitivity or allergy to any of the components.
- If you are using any other eye drops or ointments, leave about fifteen minutes between each application. It is recommended that you use I-Defense Vet last.
- Do not use I-Defense Vet in case of ocular lesions or active infection.
How do you use I-Defense Vet?
- Wash your hands well before you use I-Defense Vet.
- When initially opening I-Defense Vet, do not use the first delivery of the ointment which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
- Tilt the head of your companion animal up slightly and pull the lower lid of its eye downwards, to form a pouch.
- Hold the tube vertical to the eye.
- Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of the product on the eye (preferably at night). Repeat this process for the other eye.
- If an additional application is required, apply a small quantity of the ointment every 3-4 hours, or according to your veterinarian’s instructions.
- Please ensure that the tip of the tube does not touch anything, including the animal’s eye or your fingers.
- Close the cap tightly after use.
What is in I-Defense Vet?
- Ingredients: sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, vaseline oil, vaseline, monobasic potassium phosphate, potassium sorbate, disodium phosphate, lanolin alcohol, water and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- I-Defense Vet is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Helps with dry eyeFrom UndisclosedComments about I-Defense Vet BOGO Offer (2 X 5g Tubes)
Good heavier lube for nighttime use.From UndisclosedComments about I-Defense Vet
Healing her eyes...From UndisclosedComments about I-Defense Vet BOGO Offer (2 X 5g Tubes)
This was uselessFrom Chicago, ILComments about I-Defense Vet
Good for extreme dry eyeFrom UndisclosedComments about I-Defense Vet
Q & A
Can this product help to reduce corneal pigmentation with regular night time use??
I-Defense Vet is a hydrating and lubricating ointment indicated to relieve severe dry eye symptoms such as dryness, irritation, soreness, and inflammation. This product is not currently labeled to treat corneal pigmentation.Verified Answer
Is this compared to optimume being as effective?
I-Defense Vet and Optimmune are not comparable because they have different ingredients and different indications for their use. Optimmune is a prescription eye ointment that contains cyclosporine, an immunosuppressant that is used in the treatment of keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) and chronic superficial keratitis (CSK). Optimmune is also prescribed to treat other immune-mediated eye problems. I-Defense Vet is an OTC lubricating eye ointment that contains sodium hyaluronan (HA), and provides relief from severe dry eye symptoms. I-Defense Vet also provides hydration for animals with lagophthalmos, the inability to close the eyes during sleep.Verified Answer
What are all the ingredients in the product??
-DEFENSE VET tube contains 5 g of sterile, isotonic ophthalmic ointment whose formulation consists of sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, vaseline oil, vaseline, monobasic potassium phosphate, potassium sorbate, disodium phosphate, lanolin alcohol, water and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate.Verified Answer