Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats Rx
What are Heartgard Chewables for Cats?
- Heartgard Chewables are a prescription heartworm preventative for cats containing the antiparasitic Ivermectin.
- Heartgard Chewables also treat and control hookworms and some forms of mange.
- Tasty Heartgard chewables for cats prevent heartworm infection for a full month with one dose.
Why do cats use Heartgard?
- Prescription Heartgard chewables contain the highly effective active ingredient Ivermectin that prevents heartworm infection by killing the parasite at the larval stage.
- By giving your cat a chewable once a month on the same day, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your cat is protected from dangerous heartworm and some other parasites.
What else should I know about Heartgard?
- Prevents heartworm in cats.
- Convenient monthly treatment.
- Tasty beef-flavored chewables for easy dosing.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your cat.
- Talk with your pet's veterinarian for more information and to find the best flea and tick preventative to complement Heartgard.
- Heartgard is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per cat per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one cat, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different cats in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of Heartgard. Heartgard can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my cat have with Heartgard?
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Heartgard can be toxic to some species, such as turtles, skunks, and some birds. Overdoses of Ivermectin can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as coma, weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils, trembling, excessive drooling, or if your cat presses its head against the wall.
- Cats younger than one year old are more at risk for neurologic side effects.
How do you use Heartgard?
- Heartgard chewables may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Heartgard?
- The active ingredient in Heartgard is Ivermectin.
- Ivermectin treats and kills certain parasites like heartworms and hookworms.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Heartgard is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat to finish all of the Heartgard?
- Cats may use Heartgard for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Easy process!From UndisclosedComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
This medication is very easy to administerFrom UndisclosedComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats 5-15 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Very good service and pricingFrom undisclosedComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
Heartgard for CatsFrom undisclosedComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
Excellent Service from VetRxDirectFrom undisclosedComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
I have used this product for many yearsFrom Marysville, CAComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
Picky cat loves this more than treatsFrom Raleigh, NCComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
I always buy Heartgard to protect our cats...From Marysville, CA, USAComments about Heartgard (ivermectin) Chewables for Cats
Q & A
Please send me info of this product?
Comprehensive product information is available by clicking on the "More Info" and "Package Insert" sections. Once clicked on those areas below shall be a blue underlined hyperlink which will take you to the information. If you have any other questions or would like more information about this product please contact your cat's veterinarian.Verified Answer