What is GenOne Otic Solution for Dogs and Cats?
- GenOne Otic Solution is a prescription topical treatment for bacterial infections of the skin and ears.
- GenOne Otic Solution contains the antibiotic Gentamicin sulfate to kill bacteria and the steroid Betamethasone velerate to reduce itching and inflammation.
Why do cats and dogs use GenOne Otic Solution?
- Veterinarians may prescribe GenOne Otic Solution to treat infectious and inflammatory conditions of the skin, ears, and anal glands.
- GenOne Otic Solution can be used to treat bacterial infections of the skin and ears.
What problems could my dog or cat have with GenOne Otic Solution?
- Do not allow your dog or cat to lick the treated area for 20 to 30 minutes after application.
- Do not allow the GenOne Otic Solution to get into the eyes.
- One common side effect is redness or discomfort at the site of application.
How do you use GenOne Otic Solution?
- Wear gloves when applying GenOne Otic Solution or wash your hands immediately after handling.
What is in GenOne Otic Solution?
- There are two active ingredients in GenOne Otic Solution.
- GenOne Otic Solution contains the aminoglycoside antibiotic Gentamicin sulfate, which kills bacteria.
- GenOne Otic Solution also contains the steroid Betamethasone valerate, which reduces itching and inflammation.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- GenOne Otic Solutio is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the GenOne Otic Solution?
- GenOne Otic Solution contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
No Reviews Yet
How often to use?
- Asked by gg
Verified Reply - Pharmacy The dose amount will vary depending on the type and severity of infection. According to the manufacturer's instructions, GenOne Otic is used twice daily for 7 to 14 days for the treatment of outer ear infections (Otitis externa) and superficial lesions. Please consult with your veterinarian to determine the correct dosage.
- Asked by tina
Verified Reply - GenOne Otic contains a corticosteroid and the potential side effects include: elevated liver enzymes, weight loss, decreased appetite, increased thirst, and increased urination. Vomiting and diarrhea have also been observed in dogs and cats.
Do I need a vet prescription??
- Asked by Cathe
Open Reply - VetRxDirect Yes, this does require a prescription from a veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirect