Fluconazole Suspension (Compounded) for Dogs and Cats
Fluconazole is a prescription medication used to treat fungal and yeast infections in dogs and cats. Fluconazole is an antifungal medication which is effective against certain types of fungi and yeast. This medication may be prescribed to treat ringworm and fungal infections of the skin, urinary tract, and nervous system. Fluconazole Suspension is compounded by the VetRXDirect pharmacy into certain dosage strengths as a flavored liquid.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
What you should know about Fluconazole Suspension:
- Beyond Use Date for Compounded Fluconazole: Due to the shelf life of this medication, it is recommended the Fluconazole Suspension be used within 80 days.
- Wear gloves when handling Fluconazole.