What is the Fluconazole Suspension for Dogs and Cats?
- Fluconazole is an antifungal medication used to treat several systemic infections and is also useful for yeast infections of the skin and nails beds.
Why do cats and dogs use Fluconazole?
- Often fluconazole is used to treat infections in the urinary tract or infections of the central nervous system.
What else should I know about Fluconazole?
- Fluconazole may interact with cisapride, corticosteroids, NSAIDs, cyclosporine.
- Flavored liquid may be easier to dose than tablets.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Fluconazole?
- Side effects include: lack of appetite in cats and dogs, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Report any potential adverse effects to your pet's veterinarian.
How do you use Fluconazole?
- Wear gloves when handling Fluconazole.
- Fluconazole may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- It is important not to skip doses for the treatment to be effective.
- Pregnant women should avoid handling Fluconazole if possible as it may cause birth defects.
What is in Fluconazole?
- Fluconazole is an antifungal drug that works by disrupting the cell wall of the fungus and causing its structure to be inadequate to maintain life.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- The Fluconazole Suspension is a compounded medication. The ingredients will be mixed specially for your dog or cat in our pharmacy.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Fluconazole?
- Fluconazole is an antifungal. Resistance is a concern when using antifungals. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Who makes the Fluconazole Suspension?
- The Fluconazole Suspension is hand-made in our pharmacy.
- There is a minimum charge of $49.99.
- Shelf-life limits orders to an 80-day supply.
Yes, I will buy again if neededFrom undisclosedComments about Fluconazole Suspension (Compounded)
Very Happy I OrderedFrom undisclosedComments about Fluconazole Suspension (Compounded)
Q & A
What is the dosing for a 20 lb. dog with valley fever??
Please contact your veterinarian regarding the correct dosing of this prescription drug in your dog.Verified Answer