Famotidine (Generic) Prescription Tablets for Cats and Dogs
Famotidine is a prescription antacid medication called a histamine-2 blocker that reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Famotidine is sold both as a prescription and as an over-the-counter medication. It is used to treat and prevent ulcers, treat conditions in which the stomach produces too much acid, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and heartburn caused by acid indigestion. If you pet has been diagnosed with an ulcer or problems with stomach acid, you veterinarian may prescribe an antacid such as famotidine. Famotidine is available in 20mg and 40mg tablets.
- Consult with your pet’s veterinarian before administering this medication and follow their specific instructions for use.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
- Loking for the over-the-counter Famotidine?
Famotidine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand varies from order to order and variation to variation. VetRxDirect is unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.