What is EmerAid IC Omnivore Intensive Care Nutrition by LaFeberVet?
- Emeraid Intensive Care Omnivore is a prescription diet for omnivorous exotic animal species with critical health conditions, including companion birds, types of lizards, and certain small mammals.
- EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore is a powdered formula mixed with water for feeding.
Why do omnivores use EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- This diet provides high energy and maintenance nutrition for animals recovering from injury, stress, disease, surgery or medical operations, anemia, and other critical illness.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Omnivore is designed for companion birds such as parrots, doves, chickens, finches, and canaries.
- It may also be used for some types of lizards, small mammals, and rodents such as sugar gliders, squirrels, mice, and rats.
What else should I know about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- This is a therapeutic nutritional product that requires a veterinary prescription.
- Emeraid Intensive Care is formulated with highly digestible and easily absorbable ingredients.
- It contains hydrolyzed soy protein, simple carbohydrates, small-sized nutrients, antioxidants, essential amino acids, purified fiber, cellulose, stabilized vitamins, chelated minerals, balanced electrolytes, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids.
- It may be fed alone or in combination with other EmerAid diets to accompany other exotic species.
- The 400g bag comes with a red scoop that has both large (1 tablespoon) and small (1 teaspoon) ends.
- Use Emeraid Intensive Care Omnivore within 6 months of opening.
- Refrigerate Emeraid Intensive Care after opening.
- Large scoop = 1 Tbsp = approximately 8 grams.
- Small scoop = 1 tsp = approximately 2.7 grams.
What problems could my omnivore have with EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- Emeraid has been scientifically designed for extremely high digestibility. Avoid contamination. Contamination can cause harmful bacterial growth.
- Handle product carefully.
- Keep dry. Use clean, dry scoop.
- Do not cross contaminate with scoops used with non-Emeraid foods.
How do you use EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- Feed as directed by your veterinarian.
- Standard mixing directions: Mix three parts powder to two parts warm water 122°F (50°C). Stir until smooth.
- Use a syringe to draw up the mixture.
- Make fresh for each feeding and use immediately.
- When finished, flush and clean feeding syringe.
- Discard remaining food after each feeding.
- Refrigerate after opening.
What is in EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- Ingredients: Glucose Syrup Solids, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Oil, Defatted Wheat Germ, Canola Oil, Sucrose, Cellulose, L-Glutamine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Ground Limestone, Potassium Chloride, Ground Rice, DL-Methionine, L-Threonine, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, L-Valine, Choline Chloride, L-Cysteine, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-Isoleucine, L-Tryptophan, L-Arginine, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Oxide, Niacin Supplement, Tocopherols, Beta-Carotene, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein (min) 20.7%, Crude fat (min) 12.7%, Crude fiber (max) 3.9%, Moisture (max) 5.0%, Omega 3 fatty acids (min) 0.39%, Omega 6 fatty acids (min) 6.04%, Calcium (min) 1.01%, Phosphorus (min) 0.60%, Potassium 0.35%, Sodium 0.33%, Chloride 0.39%, Magnesium 0.08%, Vitamin C 102.0 mg/kg, Vitamin E 81.9 IU/kg
- Caloric Distribution: Protein 22.3%, Fat 30.1%, Digestible carbohydrates 47.8%.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- EmerAid is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my omnivore to finish all of the EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore?
- Omnivores may use EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
A great resource. The pharmacist answered all my questions.
Most Liked Negative Review
Unsure about it. Didn't use long enough.
Saved the lives of all of our sick chickensFrom Austin, TxComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore
A great resource. The pharmacist answered all my questions.From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 400g Powder
Great for Flying SquirrelsFrom Western NYComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore
Only way to nourish our severely handicapped bird.From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 400g Powder
Works wonders for a supplementFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 100g Powder
Great for sick, weak, or malnourished ratsFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 100g Powder
Essential Pet Rat DietFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore
He goes nuts for this food !From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 400g Powder
Thank you!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 100g Powder
This formula has helped our babyFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore 400g Powder
Q & A
What is the shelf life after opening??
Use EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore within 6 months of opening. Refrigerate EmerAid Intensive Care Omnivore after opening. The shelf life for an unopened package of EmerAid is 18 months from the date of manufacturing or no later than the “Best Before” label on the package. Discard any leftover formula and make formula fresh for each feeding.Verified Answer
How long is this product good for after mixed with water??
According to the manufacturer, once the powder is mixed with water, any leftover formula should be discarded. This product should be made fresh for each feeding.Verified Answer