What is Emeraid IC Carnivore Intensive Care Nutrition by LaFeberVet?
- Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore is a prescription diet for exotic animals with critical health conditions including reptiles, amphibians, ferrets, and birds of prey.
- Emeraid Intensive Care is formulated with highly digestible and easily absorbable ingredients.
- It contains hydrolyzed soy protein, simple carbohydrates, small-sized nutrients, antioxidants, essential amino acids, purified fiber, stabilized vitamins, chelated minerals, balanced electrolytes, omega-3 and 6 fatty acids.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore is designed for raptors or birds of prey, ferrets, frogs, toads, snakes, lizards, and other animals with carnivorous and insectivorous diets.
Why do carnivores use Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Veterinarians prescribe this diet because it provides high protein and high energy nutrition for animals recovering from injury, disease, surgery or medical operations, anemia, and other critical illness.
What else should I know about Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Emeraid may be fed alone or in combination with other Emeraid diets to accompany other exotic species.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore is a powdered formula mixed with water for feeding.
- The 400g pouch comes with a red scoop that has both large (1 tablespoon) and small (1 teaspoon) ends.
- Use within 6 months of opening.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Large scoop = 1 Tbsp = approximately 8.5 grams.
- Small scoop = 1 tsp = approximately 2.8 grams.
What problems could my carnivore have with Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Emeraid has been scientifically designed for extremely high digestibility. Avoid contamination. Contamination can cause harmful bacterial growth.
- Handle product carefully.
- Keep dry. Use clean, dry scoop.
- Do not cross contaminate with scoops used with non-Emeraid foods.
How do you use Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Feed as directed by your veterinarian.
- Standard mixing directions: Mix one part powder to two parts warm water 122°F (50°C). Stir until smooth.
- Use a syringe to draw up the mixture.
- Make fresh for each feeding and use immediately.
- When finished, flush and clean feeding syringe.
- Discard remaining food after each feeding.
- Refrigerate after opening.
What is in Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Oil, Canola Oil, Glucose Syrup Solids, Cellulose, Defatted Wheat Germ, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Glutamine, Ground Limestone, Ground Rice, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, L-Cysteine, Choline Chloride, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-Tryptophan, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Tocopherols, Zinc Oxide, Beta-Carotene, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein (min) 36.0%, Crude fat (min) 29.5%, Crude fiber (max) 4.9%, Moisture (max) 5.0%, Omega-3 fatty acids (min) 1.46%, Omega-6 fatty acids (min) 12.03%, Calcium 1.02%, Phosphorous 0.86%, Sodium 0.57%, Chloride 0.42%, Magnesium 0.12%, Vitamin C 160mg/kg, Vitamin E 151.4 IU/kg.
- Caloric distribution: Protein 29.1%, Fat 62.1%, Digestible carbohydrates 8.9%
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Emeraid is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my carnivore to finish all of the Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore?
- Carnivores may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Liquid feed!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 100g Powder
Blossom the Opossum's favorite!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 400g Pouch
Love this product!!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 100g Powder
EmeraidIC CarnivoreFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 400g Pouch
Keeping my ferret aliveFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 400g Pouch
EMERAID intensive care for carnivoresFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 400g Pouch
Gentle on delicate old-man bellyFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 100g Powder
Finally Found It!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 100g Powder
Feeling GoodFrom UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore
Spoon feeding my leopard gecko!From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care Carnivore 100g Powder
Q & A
Can this be used for ferrets??
Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore is a prescription diet for exotic animals with critical health conditions including ferrets and other animals with carnivorous and insectivorous diets.Verified Answer
How come this product isn't able to be put on an auto-subscription order like other prescription products? I'm just wondering because it's really hard to have to keep reordering whenever I run out and I'd love to be able to have it order automatically so I never have to worry about running out. Will this product ever be added to that??
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer an auto-delivery program for prescription medications.Verified Answer
Can an african pigmy hedgehog eat it??
The manufacturer recommends a combination of Emeraid Omnivore and Emeraid Carnivore for hedgehogs. Please consult your veterinarian for any further questions or concerns regarding his medication as they know your hedgehog best and can make a more specific recommendation.Verified Answer
My veterinarian told me to use this product because my mouse is in critical care is this the right product and is it safe/effective on mice?
Please consult with your veterinarian to determine if this product is appropriate for your pet mouse.Verified Answer
Hi I got some of this recently and when I opened the bag the product was quite clumpy, is that normal??
According to the manufacturer, it is normal for Emeraid Intensive Care Carnivore to have the texture of wet sand or even Play-Doh because of the oils in the powder.Verified Answer