What is Effitix Plus for Dogs?
- Effitix Plus is a broad spectrum, topical parasite treatment for dogs.
- It kills and repels all life stages of fleas and ticks including brown dog ticks, deer ticks, lone star ticks, and American dog ticks.
- Effitix Plus also repels and kills mosquitoes that may carry heartworm, repels biting flies, kills lice, and helps control sarcoptic mange.
- Apply Effitix Plus once a month for complete protection that lasts through bathing, swimming, and sunlight.
- The quick acting formula starts killing on contact with no biting required for it to start working.
What else should I know about Effitix Plus?
- Kills and repels fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, lice, and flies.
- Helps control sarcoptic mange.
- Works on contact, no biting required.
- Prevents and stops infestation.
- Fast-drying & waterproof formula.
- For use in dogs and puppies 8 weeks or older.
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal. This can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog have with Effitix Plus?
- Discuss the use of this treatment and any supplements or drugs your cat or dog is taking before starting use.
- Skin irritation may result at the site of application.
- Do not use on rabbits or other small mammals as it may be toxic to them.
How do you use Effitix Plus?
- Apply once a month as directed.
- Wash hands after applying.
What is in Effitix Plus?
- Effitix Plus contains three insecticides to help control fleas and ticks: Fipronil, Permethrin, and Pyriproxyfen.
- These break the life cycle to control and prevent infestations.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Effitix Plus is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Effitix Plus?
- Dogs may use Effitix Plus for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No more ticksFrom Northern CaliforniaComments about Effitix Plus for Dogs
Extremely happy with this product. Duel tick killerFrom Bridgewater, MAComments about Effitix Plus for Dogs
Switched to Effitix; Not Going BackFrom undisclosedComments about Effitix Plus for Dogs
I would buy againFrom undisclosedComments about Effitix Plus for Dogs
I will continue to buy this product!From undisclosedComments about Effitix Plus for Dogs
Q & A
On Effitex Plus my dog has had 3 ticks,1 was engorged but not attached,2 were attached but removed before they fed.Is this normal when on preventative medication?>?
Effitix Plus is labeled to kill and repel all stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and Deer ticks. Effitix kills ticks for up to one month and should be applied monthly where tick control is consistently needed. To ensure efficacy of the product, the manufacturer states that dogs should not be bathed within the first 24 hours after the product has been applied. Also, ensure that Effitix is not applied superficially on dog’s hair and the applicator tip is placed directly against exposed skin. The entire contents of the applicator tube must be deposited at the time of application. Since Effitix Plus is dosed based on the weight of the dog, you may consider asking your veterinarian for an updated weight check on your dog. Your veterinarian can also determine if this product is the best choice for the type of parasites in your area.Verified Answer
What is the expiration date??
If you would like more specific information about the expiration date of the product currently in stock, please contact our pharmacy staff via email at [email protected] Other contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contactVerified Answer
Why is my 5 month old pup trying to wipe off the Effitix gel on her back. She is rolling on the rug trying to get it off.?
Dogs may experience some temporary irritation at the site of Effitix application. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap or shampoo and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs of sensitivity occur and persist, please consult your veterinarian. If your dog has an unusual reaction to the initial application, consult a veterinarian before repeating application.Verified Answer
How soon after applying can my dog go swimming??
Instructions for use recommend not to bathe your dog within the first 24 hours after applying Efftix Plus for dogs. Similarly, it is not recommended allowing your dog to swim within the first 24 hours after applying the medication. However, please consult with your dog's veterinarian for additional recommendations.Verified Answer