DOUXO Calm for Dogs and Cats
What are DOUXO Calm products?
DOUXO Calm is a line of topical products which may help with skin allergies in dogs or cats. The product line includes a shampoo, mousse, gel, and micro-emulsion spray to tailor to your pet’s specific needs. All of the products contain phytosphingosine, which is a conditioning and antibacterial lipid (fat). It is naturally produced by the body, but these topical products deliver extra amounts of this lipid to the skin which may help restore the skin’s barrier function. The product line is listed below with the directions for use and any additional active ingredients they may contain. Contact your pet's veterinarian to see if DOUXO Calm products are right for your cat or dog.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo:
- Directions for use: Liberally apply the shampoo to the pet’s fur and create a lather. Massage the shampoo into the coat and skin. Leave on the coat for 5-10 minutes then rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat as needed.
- Frequency of use: Use 2-3 times weekly for the first 1-2 weeks or as directed by your pet's veterinarian.
- Using the other DUOXO Calm products may provide additional benefit.
DOUXO Calm Micro-Emulsion Spray:
- Also contains Hinokitiol and Raspberry Seed Oil.
- Directions for use: Brush the pet’s fur against the fur line then spray the pets fur from approximately 12 inches away. Do not over apply. The recommended dosage is one spray per 10 pounds of body weight.
- Frequency of use: Use 2 times per week or as directed by your pet's veterinarian.
DOUXO Calm Mousse:
Directions for use: Shake well and brush the coat thoroughly. Apply to dry fur and dispense one or two pumps in your hand and apply the foam to the animal. Massage the product into the pet’s fur and skin. Cover the entire body except the eyes and mouth. Let the product dry and the pet may be brushed again. The recommended dosage is as follows:
- Pets under 11 lbs: 1 pump per 2 lbs of body weight
- Pets 12-88 lbs: 1 pump per 4 lbs of body weight
- Pets over 89 lbs 1 pump per 6 lbs of body wieght.
- Dosage can be doubled for long haired dogs.
Frequency of use: Apply every three days, alternating with the shampoo or as directed by your pet's veterinarian.
DOUXO Calm Gel:
- Also contains Hinokitiol, raspberry seed oil, NDGA, Vitamin E, Glycofilm, and moisturizers.
- Indicated for localized skin inflammation and itching.
- Directions for use: Spray directly on the skin by holding the pump approximately 8 inches away from the affected skin area.
- Frequency of use: Use once daily until the animals skin is recovered or as directed by your pet's veterinarian.