What are Diphenhydramine Capsules for Dogs and Cats?
- The antihistamine Diphenhydramine is recommended by veterinarians to treat a range of issues, including allergies, motion sickness, travel anxiety, and even insect bites that cause itching and pain.
- Allergies cause the body to release histamine, which can cause itching, watery eyes, runny noses, and swelling.
- Diphenhydramine blocks histamine's effects, reducing these symptoms.
- Another effect of the histamine blocking process is sleepiness, which is why Diphenhydramine also works to calm pets and reduce motion sickness.
- The drug Diphenhydramine is the generic name for the brand Benadryl.
- These Diphenhydramine capsules are over-the-counter, and a prescription is not required.
Why do cats and dogs use Diphenhydramine?
- Your veterinarian may recommend Diphenhydramine if your cat or dog suffers from seasonal allergies, motion sickness, or anxiety.
- Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine that eases allergy symptoms and has a sedative affect that calms cats and dogs.
What else should I know about Diphenhydramine?
- Eases allergies, motion sickness, travel anxiety, and discomfort due to insect bites.
- These capsules do not to contain any ingredients commonly found in over-the-counter medications for humans that may be toxic to animals, such as pain relievers or decongestants.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Diphenhydramine?
- The most common side effect of Diphenhydramine is drowsiness. This effect may decrease over time.
- Some cats may become excited when given Diphenhydramine.
How do you use Diphenhydramine?
- Antihistamines like Diphenhydramine should be given on a regular, ongoing basis. They work best when given before your cat or dog before they are exposed to allergens.
- Diphenhydramine may be given with other antihistamines if directed to do so by your veterinarian.
- Diphenhydramine may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Diphenhydramine?
- Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine. It blocks the histamines that cause allergic reactions.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Diphenhydramine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Diphenhydramine?
- Dogs and cats may use Diphenhydramine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
I would buy from them againFrom UndisclosedComments about Diphenhydramine
Q & A
Can I get a non drowsy benadryl for my dog??
Diphenhydramine is a generic product for the human brand name product Benadryl. This medication is currently not manufactured in a non-drowsy formula. It is available without a prescription but should only be used under veterinary supervision and recommendation.Verified Answer
What are the active and inactive ingredients??
Product page content and images are for representation only.. Manufacturer of generic drugs depends on availability at time of shipment.A specific manufacturer for a generic product cannot be guaranteed and may change based on availability. For questions concerning specific ingredients of a generic drug product at the time of ordering, please contact customer service via email at [email protected] or by phone at 866.761.6578 or by using the chat window found at the bottom of any page. Contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contactVerified Answer
I am looking for diphenhydramine 50mg gel caps. What type are these??
Unfortunately, VetRxDirect does not stock diphenhydramine gel capsules. The capsules available through VetRxDirect are gelatin capsules filled with powdered medication. Diphenhydramine sold under the brand names (Unisom, Benadryl, Banophen) or its generic name (diphenhydramine) are available in multiple formulations (e.g. tablet, capsule, gel capsule, solution, cream, chewable tablet).Verified Answer
does the 25 mg diphenhydramine capsules have any dye in the ingrediants??
D&C Red Dye #27 is contained as an inactive ingredient in diphenhydramine 25mg.Verified Answer
amount mg of diphenhydramine for a dog with wt. of 11 lb. and another one with a wt. of 22 dog?
Please, consult your dog's veterinarian before giving any medications, including over the counter medications.Verified Answer