What are Digoxin Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Digoxin is a prescription medication used to treat congestive heart failure and heart rhythm disorders in dogs and cats.
Why do cats and dogs use Digoxin?
- Digoxin is prescribed for some dogs and cats with congestive heart failure.
- Digoxin may also be prescribed for some heart rhythm disturbances since it can make the heart beat more slowly.
What else should I know about Digoxin?
- Your veterinarian will probably ask to monitor blood levels and electrolytes to help detect problems while your dog or cat is taking Digoxin. These follow-up appointments are important.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Digoxin?
- Digoxin side effects usually appear when the dose is too high.
- Side effects include lack of appetite, diarrhea, vomiting, lack of energy, behavior changes, and collapse. Call your veterinarian immediately if you notice any of these issues. Digoxin toxicity can be serious.
How do you use Digoxin?
- Digoxin can be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's instructions.
What is in Digoxin?
- Digoxin is a medication in the class of cardiac glycosides and it works to slow down the heart rate and increase the heart’s force of contraction, which helps the heart work.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Digoxin is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Digoxin?
- Dogs and cats may use Digoxin for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
Snickers takes the liquid form of digoxin, Her strength in mg is .15. Do you have the pill form I can give her in this instead of the liquid form??
Digoxin is not available in 150 mcg tablets. Please contact your veterinarian with any questions about switching from liquid digoxin to tablets.Verified Answer
My dog takes the liquid form of this medicine. I give her .4 ml What is this in mg? I would give her the pill form if I could find the right strength.?
We would need to know the strength (mg/ml) of the digoxin solution to be able to provide the amount of digoxin (in mg) contained in 0.4 ml.Verified Answer