What is DentAcetic for Dogs and Cats?
- DentAcetic products are designed to help with dental cleaning and to aid in the management of pet dental hygiene.
- DentAcetic Natural Gel is cleansing, breath freshening, and antimicrobial.
- Containing Acetic Acid and Sodium Hexametaphosphate (HMP), DentAcetic Gel effectively brightens and whitens teeth (the acetic acid effect).
- Both Acetic Acid and HMP are sequestering agents, which bind minerals effectively inhibiting the transformation (mineralization) of dental plaque into tartar.
- HMP also coats the teeth and prevents further plaque, calculus and tartar build-up.
- The flavoring agent is pleasant cinnamon-clove, which is favored by dogs and deodorizes their breath.
- The clove has an age-old additive effect of relieving pain, thus soothing the gums.
- The DentAcetic Dental Wipes give you an easy option to apply the DentAcetic Gel.
- DentAcetic Wipes are a convenient, ready-to-use, 2-inch diameter round wipe to use to apply the DentAcetic Gel.
- The wipes also allow cleaning by mechanical means, utilizing the uneven surface of the wipes and the potent degreasing ability of acetic acid.
Why do cats and dogs use DentAcetic?
- An acetic acid tooth and gum gel with sodium hexametaphosphate.
- The sodium hexametaphosphate helps prevent tartar and calculi formation.
- Acetic Acid (AKA vinegar) has a broad range of antimicrobial activity, is an excellent degreaser, and non-toxic - especially as compared to chlorhexidene, which has been reported to cause teeth staining and many other side effects.
What else should I know about DentAcetic?
- Store at controlled room temperature.
- Talk to your veterinarian before you start using DentAcetic.
- For topical use only.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- If irritation develops, stop use and call your veterinarian.
- Wash your hands after use.
How do you use DentAcetic?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
DentAcetic Dental Gel
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Shake well before use. Apply dental gel to pet’s toothbrush and brush teeth regularly.
DentAcetic Dental Wipes
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Apply dental wipe to pet’s teeth and gums. Rub gently, but firmly.
What is in DentAcetic?
- Active ingredients: 1% acetic acid, sodium hexametaphosphate.
- Inactive ingredients: sorbitol, triethanolamine, polysorbate, propylene glycol, methylparaben, clove and cinnamon flavor.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- DentAceticis a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the DentAcetic?
- Dogs and cats may use DentAcetic for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
This product has helped my Maia significantlyFrom MassachusettsComments about DentAcetic
Has helped significantly so far for my Princess Mai!From UndisclosedComments about DentAcetic Natural Dental Gel, 2oz
Love these!From UndisclosedComments about DentAcetic Dental Wipes, Tub of 25
Better than the toothbrush method...From UndisclosedComments about DentAcetic
MaybeFrom UndisclosedComments about DentAcetic
English Bulldog with a Bright SmileFrom UndisclosedComments about DentAcetic
Q & A
Hi, So I just got back from the vets with my kitty and gave me some dent ascetic 1% solution of a dental wipes. And it was the wipes which are 25 wipes and I paid 20 bucks. I was trying to do some research to get the same similar product a little cheaper, but if it means I can still use a similar product but just put it on. God is great. So two questions is this one percent of the acetic acid and do I need a prescription to purchase this product? Because unfortunately, my mat will not fax pharmacy orders to other pharmacies. So, even if I wanted some thing to be sent regularly from Chewy, if that was the case, forget it. You have to spend a fortune. Thank you Inger Burke?
DentAcetic does contain 1% acetic acid. Products on our website requiring a prescription are noted with an Rx after the name. This product does not require a prescription.Verified Answer
dentacetic says it is for dogs & cats -- just confirming that it is safe for me to use for my cat's dental health.?
Yes, it is safe to use on cat's teeth and gums. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
What are the complete ingredients??
The ingredients list can be found on the product page of each ingredient. If you click on the "package insert" tab, there will be a link for the products package label and all the active and inactive ingredients will be listed there. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer