What is Corti-Derm for Dogs?
- Corti-Derm is a topical liquid designed for dogs with skin problems and itching.
- Corti-Derm contains hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid, to relieve itching, redness, minor swelling.
- Corti-Derm also has Burow's solution as an astringent to dry excess moisture or oils and give a cooling effect.
- Burow's Solution is also known as Aluminum Acetate Solution.
Why do dogs use Corti-Derm?
- Your veterinarian may recommend Corti-Derm for skin irritations like insect bites, minor allergic conditions, moist dermatitis, or other uses.
What problems could my dog have with Corti-Derm?
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not apply a plastic dressing over the site of application.
- Burow's Solution may cause dry skin or skin irritation.
How do you use Corti-Derm?
- Apply as directed by your veterinarian.
- Wear gloves when applying or wash your hands immediately after application.
- Do not allow your dog or cat to lick or chew at the affected area for 20 to 30 minutes after application.
What is in Corti-Derm?
- Active ingredients in each mL: Hydrocortisone - 10 mg, Burow's Solution - 20 mg.
- Inactive ingredients: A water miscible base containing Propylene Glycol.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Corti-Derm is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Corti-Derm?
- Dogs may use Corti-Derm for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
BEST for Dog's sores & hot spots!!From UndisclosedComments about Corti-Derm
Hot spotsFrom UndisclosedComments about Corti-Derm
Q & A
Can I use this in my dog's ears, as I did with "Hydro-Plus/Bur-Otic HC/Corti-Derm" in the past??
Corti-Derm is a topical liquid for dogs with certain skin problems that cause itching and inflammation. It contains hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid, and Burow's solution as an astringent. According to the manufacturer, this product is labeled for use on the skin only and should not be used in the ears.Verified Answer
How much Hydrocortisone is in this product? Does it also contain aluminum acetate??
According to the manufacturer’s product label, Corti-Derm contains 10 mg of hydrocortisone and 20 mg of Burow’s Solution, also known as aluminium acetate.Verified Answer
Hello. Can humans use this to aid in the relief of fungal skin problems??
Corti-Derm is an anti-itch and anti-inflammatory solution for use in dogs. It contains hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid, to relieve itching, redness, and minor swelling. Corti-Derm also contains Burow’s solution, an astringent, to dry excess moisture or oils and provide a cooling effect. Please consult your doctor for advice on similar medications or other drugs that could help humans and fungal infections.Verified Answer