What are Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Comfortis is a prescription flea treatment for dogs and cats.
- It contains spinosad, a type of insecticide that kills fleas and prevents infestations.
- Fleas can be more than just annoying for pets and their families, they can put your pet's health at risk.
- They can be very uncomfortable for both dogs or cats, and they can even develop allergies towards them, a condition called flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- Fleas can also infect your pet with tapeworms, and commonly do, when your pet licks or bites and accidentally ingests them.
- Comfortis can start working within 30 minutes and provides 1 month of protection.
- It comes in a flavored chewable tablet, making it easier to give.
Why do cats and dogs use Comfortis?
- Veterinarians may prescribe Comfortis to prevent and treat flea infestations.
What else should I know about Comfortis?
- Contains Spinosad.
- Starts working within 30 minutes.
- One dose provides one month of protection.
- Flavored chewable tablet for easy dosing.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Comfortis?
- Comfortis is not an effective treatment against ticks.
- Keep chewable tablets out of the reach of children and animals.
- Side effects are rare.
How do you use Comfortis?
- Comfortis is best given with food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Comfortis can be harmful to wildlife. Contact your local waste disposal agency for proper disposal directions.
What is in Comfortis?
- The active ingredient in Comfortis is the insecticide Spinosad.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Comfortis is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Comfortis?
- Dogs and cats may use Comfortis for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
Best flea med if your dog is allergic to flea bites!
Most Liked Negative Review
Doesn't work on every dog apparently
Will definitely order from them again.From UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 5-10 lbs or Cats 4.1-6 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Best flea med if your dog is allergic to flea bites!From UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 40.1-60 lbs, 6 Month Supply
This medication helped my petsFrom UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 60.1-120 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Works for meFrom UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 60.1-120 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Doesn't work on every dog apparentlyFrom Washington stateComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets
Comfortis prevents flea infestationsFrom UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 5-10 lbs or Cats 4.1-6 lbs, 6 Month Supply
Very convenient!From UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs 10.1-20 lbs or Cats 6.1-12 lbs, 6 Month Supply
I'll never run out!From UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets
Good company to deal with.From UndisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets
You get you product very quickly.From undisclosedComments about Comfortis Chewable Tablets
Q & A
expiry date ????
For questions related to the expiration date of Comfortis Chewable Tablets currently in stock, please contact customer service via email at [email protected] or by phone at 866.761.6578 or by using the chat window found at the bottom of any page. Contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contact. Please be aware that inventory and corresponding expiration dates can change rapidly.Verified Answer
What are the possible side-effects if my dog takes this??
Comfortis appears to be well tolerated in most dogs. Possible side effects to look for in your dog would be vomiting, depression/lethargy, loss of appetite, diarrhea, itching. Please consult your veterinarian if you have further questions or if your dog experiences any of these side effects.Verified Answer
i am interested in trying with my cats but want to know the size of the pill as they are difficult to "pill" and if it's a large pill i don't think it would work for them. thank you for your time.?
The size of the pill your cat would take depends on your cat's weight. If your cat is 12.1-24.0 pounds, each tablet would be about the size of a dime. If your cat is 6.1-12.0 pounds, the tablets are slightly smaller, and if it is 4.1-6.0 pounds, two tablets would be about the same size as a dime. If you have further questions or concerns or if you want further recommendations, please consult your cat's veterinarian.Verified Answer
When I bought my 6 pack of Comfortis, I ordered the ones for 10-20 pound dogs. She is now older and bigger - 25 pounds. Can I just give her 2 of the smaller pills??
The pills that you ordered contain 270mg of the active ingredient spinosad per tablet. The recommended dosage given your dog's size is 560mg of spinosad. Two of the tablets you have would approach the recommended dose of 560mg but would be just below at 540mg. It is best to consult with your dog's veterinarian for their recommendations regarding this dosing schedule.Verified Answer