What are Clomipramine Capsules for Dogs and Cats?
- Clomipramine is a prescription oral medication prescribed to treat behavioral problems in dogs and cats.
- In dogs, Clomipramine is used to treat obsessive-compulsive behavior, separation anxiety, or dominance aggression.
- In cats, Clomipramine may be prescribed to prevent urine marking or spraying, inter-cat aggression, and compulsive grooming.
Why do cats and dogs use Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine is commonly prescribed to treat separation anxiety in dogs and may be used to treat other behavioral disorders.
- When used with behavior modification, Clomipramine may relieve behaviors such as inappropriate aggression, destructive behavior, inappropriate urination, or defecation.
What else should I know about Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine should be used as part of a comprehensive behavioral management program to treat separation anxiety in dogs greater than six months of age.
- It may take up to 8 weeks to determine if the Clomipramine is working.
What problems could my dog have with Clomipramine?
- Sleepiness, dry mouth, and constipation are the most common side effects.
- Be sure your dog has access to plenty of water while taking Clomipramine.
- Rare, but serious, side effects include abnormal bleeding, fever, seizures, fast heartbeat, or irregular heartbeat. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see any of these signs.
- Overdoses can be serious. Keep Clomipramine out of reach of children and other animals.
- Do not use a flea or tick collar on your dog while giving Clomipramine without first talking to your veterinarian.
How do you use Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine may be given with or without food. Give it as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Clomipramine?
- Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant that affects certain chemical processes in the brain, including serotonin.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Clomipramine capsultes are a compounded medication. The ingredients will be mixed specially for your dog or cat in our pharmacy.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Clomipramine?
- Dogs and cats may use Clomipramine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes the Clomipramine Capsules?
- These Clomipramine Capsules are hand-made in our pharmacy.
- There is a minimum charge of $49.99.
- Shelf-life limits orders to a 170-day supply.