What are Clavamox Chewable Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- Clavamox contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanate Potassium. Amoxicillin is a prescription antibiotic, and Clavulanate increases its effectiveness.
- Clavamox has a penicillin type antibiotic mixed with a beta-lactamase medication that is used in the treatment and prevention of a variety of bacterial infections.
- Clavamox is an alternative to Augmentin.
Why do cats and dogs use Clavamox?
- Clavamox may be prescribed to treat a variety of bacterial infections of the skin, urinary tract, soft tissues, respiratory system, and gum infections.
- It may be prescribed by a veterinarian to treat urinary tract infections, infections of the skin and soft tissue including wounds, abscesses, cellulitis, dermatitis, and pyoderma in dogs and cats.
- It may also be used to treat dental infections and periodontal disease in dogs.
What else should I know about Clavamox?
- Chewable tablets help for easier dosing.
- Amoxicillin is a critically important antibiotic. Be sure to give Amoxicillin for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed it, even if your dog or cat looks and acts better.
- Be careful handling Amoxicillin if you are allergic to penicillin.
- Rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs, hamsters, and rodents may develop life-threatening diarrhea if given Amoxicillin.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Clavamox?
- Clavamox can be given with or without food. Your veterinarian may recommend giving the Amoxicillin with food to help avoid stomach upset.
How do you use Clavamox?
- Give Clavamox Tablets by mouth as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Clavamox?
- There are two main active ingredients in Clavamox.
- Amoxicillin is a penicillin type antibiotic.
- Clavulanate Potassium is a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which helps the Amoxicillin against the bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Clavamox is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Clavamox?
- Clavamox contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Great Prices and Fast ServiceFrom UndisclosedComments about Clavamox Chewable
Good medicationFrom UndisclosedComments about Clavamox Chewable
Clavamox Chewable saving time & moneyFrom UndisclosedComments about Clavamox Chewable
Q & A
chewable clavomox prescribed for my dog along with prednisone, twice a day to start with. how far apart should i administer the medicine? 8 hours or 12 hours. My dog is 52 pounds and the clavamox is 375 mg and the prednisone is starting at 20 mg. it is for a mouth/lip infection.?
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Handbook, there is no drug interaction between Clavamox (amoxicillin/clavulanate potassium) and Prednisone. Since there is no drug interaction, Clavamox and Prednisone can be given at the same time. If both drugs are to be administered twice daily, the 2 doses should be given 12 hours apart for even spacing. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding any other concerns you may have with Clavamox and Prednisone and your dog.Verified Answer
My dog weighs approx 100lbs I have used the 375g in the past can I use the 250g to save a little $ but still get the same result? Thanks?