What are Chlorpheniramine Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Chlorpheniramine is an antihistamine commonly given for allergies and itching.
- Chlorpheniramine may also be given as a sedative.
Why do cats and dogs use Chlorpheniramine?
- Chlorpheniramine may given for allergies, itching, or sedation.
- Chlorpheniramine may be also be prescribed for itching caused by certain types of cancer, like mast cell tumors.
What else should I know about Chlorpheniramine?
- This over-the-counter tablet does not require a prescription.
- These tablets contain only the active ingredient Chlorpheniramine.
- Chlorpheniramine has a bitter taste. It may be difficult to get cats to take it.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Chlorpheniramine?
- Clorpheniramine can cause your pet to be sleepy, have a dry mouth, and urinate less frequently.
- Chlorpheniramine shouldn’t be used in pets with closed angle glaucoma, BPH, hyperthyroidism, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and COPD if they have mucous secretions, unless directed to use it by your pet's veterinarian.
How do you use Chlorpheniramine?
- Antihistamines like Chlorpheniramine should be used on a regular basis in animals that respond to them. They work better if given before exposure to an allergen, such as pollen.
What is in Chlorpheniramine?
- Chlorpheniramine is a antihistamine. It blocks the release of histamine in the body, which causes itchiness.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Chlorpheniramine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Chlorpheniramine?
- Dogs and cats may use Chlorpheniramine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.