What is VetOne Chlorhexis Flush for Dogs and Cats?
- Chlorhexis is an astringent, general wound cleansing and drying formula for dogs, cats, and horses.
- Chlorhexis contains the antiseptic Chlorhexidine Gluconate in a soothing, solubilizing vehicle.
Why do cats and dogs use Chlorhexis?
- Chlorhexis is designed for topical use on superficial cuts, abrasions, insect stings, and other skin conditions where an antimicrobial formulation would be of benefit.
What else should I know about Chlorhexis?
- Store at a controlled room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Chlorhexis?
- Do not instill in the eyes or on sensitive membranes that are not intact.
How do you use Chlorhexis?
- Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Apply liberally into affected area. Use cotton or absorbent material to clean excess solution and debris from treated area. Repeat procedure once daily, if necessary, or as directed by a veterinarian.
What is in Chlorhexis?
- Active ingredient: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2%.
- Inactive ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Nonoxynol-12, PPG- PEG 50 Lanotin, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Fragrance, FD&C Blue #1. May contain citric acid to ensure optimal pH.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Chlorhexis is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Chlorhexis?
- Dogs and cats may use Chlorhexis for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
I would buy this againFrom UndisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
Great Ear Cleaner and Fantastic Customer ServiceFrom UndisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
I would buy this product againFrom UndisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
I would use this product a lot and use it again.From UndisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
I would buy this product again.From undisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
I will purchase this again.From undisclosedComments about Chlorhexis
Q & A
Where is this product manufactured)?
Chlorhexis is manufactured in the United States by VetOne.Verified Answer
I have a gallon of chlorhexidine can I dilute that to 1 tablespoon or two tablespoons per gallon to flush out my dog's ears?
Chlorhexis is a topical flush indicated for cleansing superficial skin wounds. It contains 0.2% chlorhexidine and other ingredients to balance the pH of the product. Please consult with your veterinarian before using this product or chlorhexidine in your dog’s ears.Verified Answer
Is this to use to clean dogs ears??
This is used to clean superficial cuts and abrasions as well as used to flush out areas where an antimicrobial agent would be useful. It could be used to clean dog ears if irritation is potentially related to some sort of microbial (bacteria) source. Please contact your dog's veterinarian regarding the use of this medication in your dog.Verified Answer