What is CaniQuell for Dogs?
- CaniQuell is a prescription oral tablet for dogs that contains clomipramine.
Why do cats and dogs use CaniQuell?
- CaniQuell is commonly prescribed to treat separation anxiety in dogs and may be used to treat other behavioral disorders.
- When used with behavior modification, CaniQuell may relieve behaviors such as inappropriate barking or destructive behavior, inappropriate urination, or defecation.
What else should I know about CaniQuell?
- CaniQuell should be used as part of a comprehensive behavioral management program to treat separation anxiety in dogs greater than six months of age.
- CaniQuell chewable tablets are beef-flavored and scored for easier doing.
- It may take up to 8 weeks to determine if the CaniQuell is working.
What problems could my dog have with CaniQuell?
- Sleepiness, dry mouth, and constipation are the most common side effects.
- Be sure your dog has access to plenty of water while taking CaniQuell.
- Rare, but serious, side effects include abnormal bleeding, fever, seizures, fast heartbeat, or irregular heartbeat. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see any of these signs.
- Overdoses can be serious. Keep CaniQuell out of reach of children and other animals.
- Do not use a flea or tick collar on your dog while giving Clomipramine without first talking to your veterinarian.
How do you use CaniQuell?
- CaniQuell may be given with or without food. Give it as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in CaniQuell?
- The drug in CaniQuell is Clomipramine.
- Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant that affects certain chemical processes in the brain, including serotonin.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- CaniQuell is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the CaniQuell?
- Dogs and cats may use CaniQuell for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
It helps behavior but gave my dog digestive problemsFrom UndisclosedComments about CaniQuell (clomipramine) 80mg, 30 Tablets
Two Weeks InFrom UndisclosedComments about CaniQuell (clomipramine) 20mg, 30 Tablets
Good for anxietyFrom UndisclosedComments about CaniQuell (clomipramine) 80mg, 30 Tablets
This med saved our 🐶From UndisclosedComments about CaniQuell (clomipramine) 80mg, 30 Tablets
Fast service, great prices!From UndisclosedComments about CaniQuell (clomipramine)
Q & A
My pet's behaviorist prescribed Clomicalm, but now my regular vet is selling me CaniQuell. What is the difference between Clomicalm and CaniQuell??
Clomicalm and CaniQuell are considered by the FDA as equivalent to each other with Clomicalm being the pioneer or brand name drug while CaniQuell is known as a generic equivalent. Both are prescription medications for dogs that contain the same active ingredient clomipramine hydrochloride. Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant that affects certain chemical processes in the brain, including serotonin. This medication is commonly prescribed to treat separation anxiety in dogs and may be used to treat other behavioral disorders. Please consult with your veterinarian with any further questions or concerns regarding this medication and your dog.Verified Answer