What is Bravecto 1-Month Chews for Puppies and Dogs?
- Bravecto 1-Month Chews for Dogs is a prescription medication for dogs that treat and prevent flea and tick infections.
- Bravecto is a flavored chew that contains fluralaner, an insecticide that provides one month of protection.
- Bravecto 1-Month is designed for dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older, weighing 4.4lbs or greater.
Why is Bravecto 1-Month Chews used for Dogs?
- Bravecto 1-Month kills adult fleas and prevents flea infestations for one month.
- It also kills and prevents infestations of ticks for one month, including the Black-legged tick, American Dog tick, and Brown Dog tick.
- In dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older, Bravecto 1-Month kills and prevents infestations of the lone star tick.
What else should I know about Bravecto Chews for Dogs?
- Store in a cool, dry place away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after use.
- This medication is also available in a topical solution.
- Bravecto 1-Month is not effective against the lone star tick in puppies less than 6 months of age.
What problems could my dog have with Bravecto Chews for Dogs?
- Please consult with your veterinarian before using this product.
- Animals with a known hypersensitivity or allergy to this or related product should not take this medication.
- Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders.
- Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline class of drugs. Seizures have been reported in dogs receiving isoxazoline class drugs.
How do you use Bravecto Chews for Dogs?
- This medication should be given orally as a single monthly dose.
- Treatment with Bravecto 1-Month may begin at any time of the year and can continue year-round without interruption.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
- Bravecto 1-Month should be given with food.
What is in Bravecto Chews for Dogs?
- This medication's active ingredient is fluralaner, a long-acting drug that has activity against adult fleas and certain tick species.
- Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline class.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Bravecto 1-Month Chews for Dogs is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Bravecto Chews for Dogs?
- Dogs may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.