What is Vetoquinol BPO-3 Shampoo for Dogs and Cats?
- BPO-3 Shampoo is an antimicrobial, keratolytic, follicular flushing shampoo for cats and dogs.
- The active ingredient Benzoyl Peroxide opens and flushes hair follicles and degreases oily coats.
- Moisturizers counteract the drying effects of the oxidizing benzoyl peroxide.
Why do cats and dogs use BPO-3 Shampoo?
- BPO-3 Shampoo may be used in the topical treatment of pyoderma, folliculitis, and seborrhetic skin disorders.
What else should I know about BPO-3 Shampoo?
- Used to treat red, itchy and inflamed skin, seborrhea, canine and feline acne, and other conditions where a keratolytic product might be helpful.
- Degreases oily, smelly, and scaly coats.
- Store at controlled room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with BPO-3 Shampoo?
- For topical use only on dogs, cats and horses.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucus membranes. If contact occurs, immediately flush with water.
- Discontinue use if skin becomes irritated or inflamed.
- May bleach or stain colored carpets and fabric if animal is not rinsed thoroughly.
How do you use BPO-3 Shampoo?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- As with any medicated shampoo, gloves should be worn when applying this product.
- Shake well.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: With tepid water, thoroughly wet animal’s coat. Massage shampoo into the coat while continuously adding water to get better dispersion. Continue until a mild lather is produced. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes and then rinse thoroughly with water. Repeat if necessary. Shampoo may be used weekly or as directed by your veterinarian..
What is in BPO-3 Shampoo?
- Active ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 3%.
- Inactive ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Carbomer, Panthenol, Hair Moisturizing Factor, PEG 75 Lanolin, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Poloxamer.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- BPO-3 is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the BPO-3 Shampoo?
- Dogs and cats may use BPO-3 Shampoo for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Comments about BPO-3 Shampoo
I have a Yorkie is always scratching. I've tried everything. The only thing that works is when my groomer washes her with what they have. They told me it was a concentrate and they gave me some. They did say that I wouldn't be able to buy it anywhere unless you were a groomer or a vet. They told me it was BPO. So I thought it might be this product and bought it. It does work to an extent. She doesn't scratch as much, but she is still scratching. I will most likely try something else to keep her from scratching for a week at a time.