What are Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes for Dogs and Cats?
- Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes relieves the symptoms of Pancreatic Insufficiency Disorder (PID) in dogs and cats. PID is also known as EPI, or Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency.
- This over-the-counter medication replaces the pancreatic enzymes that your dog or cat doesn’t produce but needs to digest the protein, sugar, and fat in food.
Why do cats and dogs use Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- Dogs and cats with maldigestion, or Pancreatic Insufficiency Disorder (PID)/ Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI), suffer from weight loss, discomfort, and hair loss because they can’t properly digest the nutrients in food.
- The condition shuts down the pancreas, which produces digestive enzymes.
- Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes replaces those enzymes so that your pet can digest needed proteins, sugars, and fats from food.
What else should I know about Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding.
- Improves digestion and nutrition absorption in pets with PID/ EPI.
- Fast acting.
- Powder form mixes easily with food.
- Pancreatic enzymes made from a pork product.
- Store at controlled room temperature; 15° C – 30° C (59° F – 86° F).
What problems could my dog or cat have with Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- Cats often do not like the taste of the pancreatic enzymes powder and may be more likely to take tablets or capsules made from crushed tablets. Some cats also may eat one brand of enzymes and not another. Talk to your veterinarian if you are havign trouble with medicating your cat.
How do you use Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes works best when mixed with food and food is allowed to sit before feeding. Always follow your veterinarian's directions for use.
- Administer at each meal to dogs or cats over six weeks of age.
- Add to moistened food (canned or dry).
- For dogs, add 3/4 to 1 scoop per cup of food. For cats, add 1/4 to 1/2 scoop per cup of food.
- Thorough mixing of the moist food will be necessary to bring the enzymes into close contact with the food particles. After mixing is complete, incubate at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid inhaling powder as it may cause lung irritation or worsen asthma.
- Avoid contacting your skin with the powder. Wash any powder from your skin as soon as possible.
What is in Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes contains pancreatic enzymes that break down the nutrients in food.
- Ingredients: Dried Porcine Pancreas and Diatomaceous Earth.
- Guaranteed Analysis per scoop (2.8 g): Moisture (max) - 5.0%, alpha-Amylase (dried porcine pancreas) (min) - 495,000 USPa, Protease (dried porcine pancreas) (min) - 434,000 USPb, Lipase (dried porcine pancreas) (min)- 71,400 USPc.
- Calorie Content (calculated): ME = 3,100 kcal/kg; 9 kcal/2.8 g scoop.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes?
- Dogs and cats may use Bio Case Pancreatic Enzymes for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.