Azodyl is a breakthrough, non-prescription medication that helps support kidney health. Each coated Azodyl tablet contains a patented formula of beneficial bacteria that reduce toxin build up in the body.
The kidneys do critical work, filtering waste and toxins from the body. But if your dog or cat’s kidneys aren’t functioning properly, then the kidneys could be damaged and other problems can occur. If your pet needs renal (kidney) support, talk to your veterinarian about Azodyl, a nutritional supplement that supports kidney function. The patented, naturally occurring beneficial bacteria in each Azdoyl capsule work to flush toxins out of the bowel and blood and slow further toxin build up in the body. Azodyl is fast acting too – your pet should feel better in as little as two days. Note: Azodyl must be kept refrigerated and additional shipping charges may apply.
Healthy kidneys are responsible for removing the body’s normal waste products and toxins from the bloodstream. The need for kidney support occurs when a build-up of these waste products/toxins contributes to a pet with kidney disease not feeling well. Probiotics are microorganisms that can provide health benefits; a few probiotics can help remove some of the same normal waste products/toxins to help improve the pet’s quality of life. Azodyl™ provides some of these probiotics.
What is this product?
- Azodyl™ capsules are a probiotic supplement containing:
- Active Ingredients: Probiotic microorganisms: Streptococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus, and Bifidobacterium longum
- Inactive Ingredients: Gellan gum, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Psyllium Husk, Titanium Dioxide
Reasons for using this product:
- This is a supplement that promotes kidney health and supports normal kidney function by helping to enhance the body’s normal detoxification process. Using Azodyl™ at the first signs of needing kidney support may help improve the pet’s quality of life.
What dogs/cats should not be given this product?
- Safe use in pregnant and breeding animals has not been established.
- Pets with a known hypersensitivity to this product.
- Pets that have had a previous reaction to a similar product.
- Capsules should be administered whole and not opened or crushed. Administer at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- It is ideal to give this supplement at the same time(s) daily.
- Always provide free access to fresh water during supplementation.
For animals weighing less than 5 lbs.:
Give 1 capsule daily
For animals weighing 5-10 lbs.:
Give 2 capsules daily (1 capsule a.m., 1 capsule p.m.)
For animals weighing more than 10 lbs.:
Give 3 capsules daily (2 capsules a.m., 1 capsule p.m.)
What if an administration is missed?
- If an administration is missed, give it as soon as you can. If it is already time for the next administration, skip the missed administration and go back to the normal schedule. Do not give two administrations at the same time.
What to tell/ask your veterinarian before administering this product?
Talk to your veterinarian about:
- Any changes to your pet’s overall health (e.g., loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, or diarrhea).
- What tests may need to be performed prior to and during administration of this supplement.
- When your pet may need to be re-examined.
- What are the benefits and risks of using this supplement.
Tell your veterinarian about:
- If your pet has experienced side effects from other products.
- If your pet has experienced any other medical problems or allergies.
- If your pet has experienced digestive upset now or ever.
- All medications and supplements that you are giving your pet or plan to give your pet, including those you can get without a prescription. Your veterinarian may want to check that all of your pet’s medications/supplements can be given together.
- If your pet is pregnant, nursing, or if you plan to breed your pet in the near future.
Storage and Warnings:
- Azodyl™ should be stored in a refrigerator.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Contact your veterinarian if another pet in your household has accidentally taken this product.
- Call your physician immediately if you or a family member accidentally take this product.
Potential side effects:
- This product is usually well tolerated and adverse reactions are uncommon at recommended administration amounts.
- Notify your veterinarian immediately if your pet experiences any adverse reactions to this product.
Can this product be given with other supplements or medications?
- Do not give new food, supplements, or medications without first talking to your veterinarian.
- If your pet experiences any unusual reactions when taking multiple medications, contact your veterinarian.
What should I do if I know of or suspect there has been an overdose?
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if your pet receives more than the recommended amount.
What else should I know?
- Notify your veterinarian if your pet’s condition does not improve or worsens.
- As with all supplements, it should only be given to the pet for which it was recommended.
- This is a summary of information about Azodyl™. If you have any questions or concerns about this product or for the condition it was recommended, please contact your veterinarian.