Atenolol Transdermal Gel (Compounded)
Atenolol is a prescription medication used to treat certain heart diseases and high blood pressure. Atenolol is a beta-blocker that affects the heart and circulation. This medication is used in dogs and cats to slow and regulate the heart to make it work more efficiently. It may also be presceibed to treat enlarged heart and irregular heart beat or arrthymia. Atenolol transdermal gel is applied topically to the skin and is compounded by VetRxDirect pharmacy.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
- Protective finger cots or examination gloves should be worn when applying this medication.
Beyond Use Date:
- Due to the shelf life of this medication, it is recommended the Atenolol Transdermal Gel be used within 20 Days.
- Do not keep medication beyond the use date.