What is Albon (sulfadimethoxine) Antibiotic for Dogs and Cats?
- Albon, sulfadimethoxine, is a prescription oral antibiotic medication.
- Albon contains sulfadimethoxine, which is a sulfonamide-type antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria.
Why is Albon used for dogs and cats?
- Albon may be prescribed by a veterinarian to treat bacterial enteritis, coccidiosis, or infections of the respiratory or urinary tracts and soft tissue.
- Albon may also be used to treat anal gland infections, abscesses, canine salmonella, and wound infections.
What else should I know about Albon?
- Your veterinarian may recommend giving Albon with or without food. Giving it with food may help avoid stomach upset.
- People allergic to sulfa drugs should handle this drug with caution.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Albon?
- Contact your veterinarian if you notice anything unusual after you start to give Albon.
- Monitor dogs for dry eye syndrome.
How do you use Albon?
- Albon is given by mouth.
- The dosage of this medication will vary based on the severity and type of condition it is prescribed for. Please consult with your veterinarian before giving this medication and follow their recommendations for use.
What is in Albon?
The active ingredient in Albon is sulfadimethoxine, a sulfonamide-type antibiotic that kills certain types of bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
Albon is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Albon?
Albon (sulfadimethoxine) is an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed it, even if your dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
albon suspensionFrom UndisclosedComments about Albon (sulfadimethoxine)
Q & A
When will Albon be back in stock??
BettySue, The manufacturer for Albon has requested a limited distribution channel for their product, and as such, we do not carry this product at this time. A local veterinary clinic will be the best resource for this product. If this changes, we will update the website once we know the product is available - currently, we are only able to stock the 16 ounce oral suspension. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Do you require a presciption for this??
Jill, Albon is a prescription drug requiring authorization from your pet's veterinarian. For future reference, an orange 'Rx' symbol appears to the right of the product name near the top of any prescription drug product page. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer