Advantage Multi for Cats Rx
What is Advantage Multi for Cats?
- Advantage Multi for Cats is a prescription, topical treatment that prevents heartworm disease, kills adult fleas, ear mites, and intestinal parasites.
- Advantage Multi is a broad-spectrum treatment applied once a month.
- It contains two active ingredients, moxidectin, and imidacloprid.
Why is Advantage Multi used for cats?
- Advantage Multi protects cats against heartworm disease and kills hookworms, roundworms, ear mites, and adult fleas.
What else should I know about Advantage Multi?
- Advantage Multi is for cats and kittens 9 weeks of age and older and weighing at least 2 lbs.
- Store at room temperatures between 4°C (39°F) and 25°C (77°F), avoiding excess heat or cold.
- Advantage Multi is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12 month supply per cat per year. To buy the same size for more than one cat, add the total of what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different cats in checkout.
- Most veterinarians require and the American Heartworm Society recommends an annual heartworm test before prescribing Advantage Multi heartworm preventive for your pet.
What problems could my cat have with Advantage Multi?
- Do not get this product in the cat's mouth or eyes.
- Do not allow the cat to lick the application site for 30 minutes.
- Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for ingestion by grooming.
- Cats may experience hypersalivation, tremors, vomiting, and decreased appetite if Advantage Multi is inadvertently administered orally or through grooming/licking of the application site.
- In households with multiple pets, keep pets separated to prevent licking of the application site.
- Stiff, matted hair or a damp, oily appearance of the hair may be observed at the application site on some cats. This is temporary and does not affect the safety and effectiveness of the product.
How do you use Advantage Multi?
- Remove one dose applicator tube from the package.
- While holding the tube in an upright position, remove the cap from the tube.
- Turn the cap over and push the other end of the cap onto the tip of the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal and then remove the cap from the tube.
- Part the hair on the back of the cat's neck at the base of the skull, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and apply the entire contents directly on the exposed skin. Lift tube away from the skin before releasing pressure on the tube.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water after handling.
What is in Advantage Multi?
- Advantage Multi has two active ingredients.
- Imidacloprid kills fleas and ear mites.
- Moxidectin kills the larval stages of heartworm and intestinal parasites, including roundworm and hookworm.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Advantage Multi is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.