What Is Activyl For Cats?
- Activyl is a topical flea treatment for cats.
- It kills adult fleas and breaks the life cycle to prevent reinfestation.
- Activyl for cats is a topical flea treatment that contains indoxacarb, an insecticide.
- Activyl is indicated to start killing fleas within approximately 8 hours of application and provides 4 weeks of protection.
Why do cats use Activyl?
- Activyl kills adult fleas and breaks the life cycle to prevent reinfestation with fleas.
What else should I know about Activyl?
- It starts killing fleas within approximately 8 hours of application.
- It provides 4 weeks of protection.
- It's fragrance-free.
- It dries quickly after application.
- The waterproof formula remains effective after bathing and exposure to sunlight.
- Activyl ships only by ground due to Department of Transportation regulations. Expedited shipping is not available.
What problems could my cat have with Activyl?
- Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age.
- Do not use on cats weighing less than 9 lbs.
How do you use Activyl?
- Read and follow the label carefully.
- It is recommended to apply every 30 days.
- DO NOT apply more than 1 applicator per month.
- Wash your hands after handling this product.
- How to apply: Hold the applicator in an upright position away from your face and snap the tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself. Part the hair and place the applicator tip against the skin at the base of the skull. Applying the product at the base of the skull will help prevent the cat from licking the product. Squeeze applicator firmly applying entire contents directly to the skin. Do not allow the product to run off. Do not have contact with the treated area until completely dry.
What is in Activyl?
- The active ingredient in Activyl is indoxacarb, an insecticide.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Activyl is a brand name medication. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
11 total reviews
Rated 4.91 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
No more fleas.From UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats L, Over 9lbs, 6 Month Supply
I will purchase again.From UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
Definitely will continue to use Activyl.From UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
I might buy activyl again.From UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
I have used Activyl for my cats for years and will continue.From NashvilleComments about Activyl for Cats
I have used Activyl for my cats for years and will continue.From UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
Great product - great priceFrom UndisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
yes and have.From undisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
I will buy this product again.From undisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
Yes :-)From undisclosedComments about Activyl for Cats
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
Does it kill ticks? Thank you?
According to the product label Activyl for cats is a topical flea treatment that contains indoxacarb (insecticide). It is designed to kill adult fleas and break the life cycle to prevent re-infestation. Activyl is indicated to start killing fleas within approximately 8 hours of application and provides 4 weeks of protection. It contains no fragrance and dries quickly after application. The waterproof formula of Activyl remains effective after bathing and exposure to sunlight. For cats 8 weeks of age or older weighing 9lbs or greater. Activyl for Cats will not protect your cat from Ticks. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding Activyl for Cats.Verified Answer
This product is advertised as fragrance free; other topicals have a chemical scent that causes our cat to squint after application and become agitated. Is this truly free of the chemical fragrance or it does not contain any artificial fragrances to cover up the chemical smell? We've been trying several brands but they all seem to have the same smell. Thanks!?
This product does not contain any added fragrances. According to the manufacturer, squinting or head shaking is a common side effect of this product. This side effect should resolve within minutes. Consult with your veterinarian for additional treatment options.Verified Answer
How many applications are in this box?
Activyl is a topical flea treatment that works to kill fleas for 28 days after applying it to your cat. In the drop-down menu on the Activyl for Cats page of our website, you can see that there are four options. First, you need to identify if your cat falls in the "2-9 pound" weight category or the "over 9 pound" weight category. Next, you can decide whether you would prefer 6 months of medication of 12 months of medication. 28 days is approximately one month. If you choose the 6 month option, you will receive 6 applications. If you choose the 12 month option, you will receive 12 applications. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
My adult cats are both a few ounces over 9 lbs. They always weigh a bit more in the winter than the summer. Can I use the 9 lbs and less? It would be nice in order to save a little more $.?
The 100mg Activyl is recommended for cats 8.8 lbs and under, so if your cat weighs more than 8.8 lbs, the recommended dose is 200mg for full protection. Please consult your veterinarian if you have additional questions.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4