Compounded Acetylsalicylic Acid (Aspirin) for Cats and Dogs
Aspirin, or acetylsalicylic acid, is a prescription medication that is commonly used in the treatment of pain, inflammation, and fevers. It is also used in the prevention and treatment of certain heart conditions. Aspirin works by reducing substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation.
- NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug)
- Available in capsules or an oil-based chicken-flavored oral suspension
- Aspirin can cause serious side effects and should only be given under a veterinarian's guidance
- Cats are very sensitive to aspirin
- Dogs may have GI side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite that your veterinarian needs to assess
- Hand-made medication
- Minimum charge of $49.99
- Beyond Use Date for Capsules: Compounded Aspirin capsules shoudl be used within 170 days.
- Beyond Use Date for Oral Suspension: Compounded Aspirin oral suspension should be used within 50 days