What are Acepromazine Tablets?
- Veterinarians may prescribe Acepromazine to sedate dogs or cats before stressful procedures.
- This medication may also be used to reduce vomiting for cats and dogs who suffer from motion sickness in cars.
Why is Acepromazine used for dogs or cats?
- Acepromazine is a prescription sedative given by mouth to dogs and cats.
- Acepromazine is a tranquilizer type medication that causes sleepiness or sedation.
What else should I know about Acepromazine?
- Acepromazine causes sleepiness but does not reduce anxiety or fear.
- Read and follow the prescription label carefully for storage information, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
- Give the exact amount prescribed and only as often as directed.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Acepromazine?
- Acepromazine may turn urine a pinkish to reddish brown color.
- Acepromazine should not be given with other sedatives or tranquilizers unless directed by your veterinarian.
How do you use Acepromazine?
- Acepromazine is usually given 45 to 60 minutes before a stressful event or traveling.
- Dogs or cats taking Acepromazine should be kept in a quiet, comfortable environment.
What is in Acepromazine?
- Acepromazine is the active ingredient in the drug.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Acepromazine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. The brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Acepromazine?
- Dogs and cats may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Will continue to provide this RX for himFrom UndisclosedComments about Acepromazine
Now my dog sleepsFrom Fair Oaks, CA, USAComments about Acepromazine
Q & A
What kind of tablets are you delivering??
VetRxDirect offers/carries Acepromazine 10mg and Acepromazine 25mg tablets. We are unable to guarantee specific generic manufacturers for this product. Orders are filled with the manufacturer in stock at that time. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you have specific questions about a particular product before you order, you can contact our pharmacy technicians via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contactVerified Answer
what is the side effect of acepromazine in small dogs. I think I gave him an over dose and he shows synptoms like elolipsy?
I was wondering if I need a prescription for this medicine. Acepromazine..My dog has a lot of fears of thunder and fireworks. Nothing works. But my neighbor gets this product and it works for his dog. My vet doesn't believe in using this medicine and keeps giving me natural herb stuff which does not works. So I'm trying to find out if it can just be ordered without a vet.?
Acepromazine does require a prescription from a veterinarian.Verified Answer
Will this medication help with pain?
Brendalee, The labeled indications for acepromazine in cats and dogs are to alleviate itching, control vomiting associated with motion sickness, and as a premedication prior to surgery. In combination with other pain medications, acepromazine may potentiate the analgesics’ pain-relieving effects. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
can I give this medication to a dog Miniature Pinscher four years old ,female that I am taking in aero plane on a 3hrs flight??
Cimarron, Acepromazine is a prescription-only medication that would need to be prescribed by a veterinarian. Acepromazine has been used as a sedative, to control nausea and vomiting, and to alleviate general itching in dogs and cats. The decision to use acepromazine for your miniature pinscher for sedation or to reduce motion sickness during travel would be made after an examination by your dog's veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer