Why do cats use Acarexx Otic Suspension?
- Acarexx contains ivermectin, an insecticide, that kills ear mites and treats the infestation of ear mites.
What is Acarexx Otic Suspension?
- Acarexx is a prescription ear mite treatment for cats and kittens four weeks of age or older.
- Acarexx liquid is applied inside of each ear and does not require ear cleaning.
What else should I know about Acarexx?
- Each package contains 2 single dose ampules.
- Ear mites are usually eliminated after a single treatment.
- Storage: Store below 77°F (25°C). Protect from freezing.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Acarexx?
- Side effects are rare when used as directed.
How do you use Acarexx?
- Acarexx liquid is applied inside of each ear.
- Ears do not require cleaning prior to use.
What is in Acarexx?
- The active ingredient is ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Acarexx is a brand name medication. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Great product!From Perry, FL, USAComments about Acarexx (ivermectin) Otic Suspension
Q & A
I've been attempting to order Acarrex from you guys online for a while and it's only been out of stock every time I check. How long do you typically stay out of stock? Can I be notified if it comes available again? Do you guys have any other places I could order this medication online? My cat's ears become irritated with the cheap ear mite regimens from pet stores and It's just not within my budget to pay more veterinary services but ordering this medication online I can handle. Thank you so much and I just want my furrbaby comfortable and with clean ears once again!?
Unfortunately, Acarexx is not available from the manufacturer at this time 1/13/21. We do not know if or when we will be able to get the product back in stock. You may wish to speak with your veterinarian about other alternatives if you are not able to find another supplier. If you have prescription refills on file with our pharmacy for this product, and you find the drug at another pharmacy, your new pharmacy can call us with your name and a previous order number and we can transfer your prescription for you. If you would like more specific information about the availability of this product, you may consider contacting the manufacturer, Boehringer Ingelheim, at 888-637-4251.Verified Answer
How long should I wait after giving the medication before cleaning their ears??
According to the manufacturer, after administering Acarexx, it is recommended to wait at least 7 days before cleaning your pet’s ears.Verified Answer
Is this applied topically or administered orally for ear mites? Also, how effective is it for mites and how many doses need to be given to eliminate the mites? Thanks.?
According to the manufacturer, Acarexx Otic Suspension should be given directly to the external ear canal. The manufacturer states that in one field controlled study, this medication was 94% effective in clearing mites within 7-10 days of application. Application consists of using a full ampule in one ear, and repeating with a second ampule in the other ear. The manufacturer states that you may have to redose the medication a second time depending on response to treatment. Due to potential differences in your cat, consult with your veterinarian to determine the best dosing regimen.Verified Answer