ProZinc for Cats
Most cats with diabetes require insulin injections to help stabilize their blood glucose levels. Your veterinarian may prescribe ProZinc insulin which is specially formulated to provide long-acting glucose control and help manage the symptoms of feline diabetes.
- Helps regulate blood glucose levels in cats for up to 14 hours
- Eases the symptoms of diabetes
- Administer this product using U-40 syringes
ProZinc is a unique insulin formulated to help regulate blood glucose levels in cats. It’s the only FDA-approved feline insulin that contains the active ingredient protamine zinc insulin, which is identical to human insulin. ProZinc is particularly long lasting and can control glucose levels and diabetic symptoms for 10-14 hours. Note that ProZinc requires U-40 syringes that are sold separately. (LINK)
What you should know about ProZinc:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Keep this product refrigerated.
- Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Used with U-40 insulin syringes.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
For additional information about ProZinc, click the “More Information” and “Package Insert” tabs above.
You can find a package insert which provides more detailed information on Prozinc for Cats' indications, forms of administration, and side effects along with other clinical information by following the link below.
Prozinc for Cats Package Insert
A Cat Owner Information about Prozinc provided by the manufacturer contains a summary of important information to know before using Prozinc on your cat. This sheet can be viewed by following the link below and should be reviewed each time your cat's prescription is refilled.
Prozinc's Package Insert and Client Information Sheet do not take the place of instructions from your veterinarian. Talk to your veterinarian if you do not understand any of the information provided in these documents or if you have more questions about Prozinc for Cats.
*This link opens in a new window.