In Stock FREE Shipping Eligible
Vitamin K1 is also known as phytonadione. It is used in the treatment of warfarin overdose or toxicity. Warfarin is a medication used to help prevent blood clots and is considered an anticoagulant. If too much warfarin is ingested, your pet can be susceptible to bleeding easier, and your pet may have a detrimental loss of blood. Vitamin K reverses the effects of warfarin and make the blood clot easier. If given by mouth, vitamin may not have a full effect until 6 to 12 hours later.
It make take several weeks for the warfarin to be eliminated from the body. It is important to continue vitamin K treatment until your veterinarian tells you otherwise. Administration with foods high in fat content is important for absorption.
Vitamin K1 is well-tolerated and relatively non-toxic. Adverse reactions are commonly seen with using IV administration. Administration into the muscle may cause slight bleeding from the injection site.
If you miss giving your pet a dose, give it to him as soon as you remember. If it is close to the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue on your normal schedule.
You can find a Client Information Sheet which provides a summary of information about Vitamin K1 Chewable Tablets for Pets by following the link below:
If you have questions or concerns about Vitamin K1 Chewable Tablets, or conditions related to its use, contact your pet's veterinarian or pharmacist.
*This link opens in a new window.
Do you have questions about this product?
Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.
Q:Hello my dog ingested rat poison a month ago, thought I removed it all to find a bunch of those little blue poison capsules all over the floor. I'm still giving him vitamin k to this day. Is that a solution?
A:A primary use of Vitamin K1 in dogs is for the treatment of inadvertent ingestion of rat or mouse poison. The dose and duration of Vitamin K1 therapy will be determined by your veterinarian. Additional supportive measures may also be required depending on symptoms exhibited by your pet upon presentation to the veterinarian. Laboratory testing will also be required to monitor the progress of treatment. If you believe your dog has ingested more poison since the initial evaluation and the beginning of treatment, you will need to let your veterinarian know right away. Your veterinarian may require additional monitoring and additional length of treatment to ensure a proper outcome for your dog.
Q:how long should you get k1 to do youur dog, and how much and will I need a prescription
A:You will need a prescription from a veterinarian and the dosing instructions are given by the veterinarian.
Q:Do you carry liquid form of vitaiin K1
A:No, we only have the capsules and chewable tablets.
Q:I need to give my dogs Vitamin K1 since one at rat poison and I am not sure of the others. How do I know how much to give each dog? weights vary from 67 pounds to 10 pounds. Do you have to have a prescription to order this?
A:Yes, this medication does require a prescription. Your veterinarian will have to prescribe this medication as well as give dosing instructions for each pet.
Q:Will this work for dcon ..my package says contains brodifacoum an anticoagulant I saw other ingredients listed ..
A:If your pet consumes d-CON, a rodent control product, immediately contact your veterinarian or the toll free number located on the product package for further assistance. Vitamin K is used for the treatment of anticoagulant rodenticide toxicity and the course of therapy will depend on the veterinarian’s assessment of your pet’s symptoms.
Q:Hi, Do you have a vitamin k1 chewable for rodents? If not, can the one for dogs and cats be used at a smaller dosage for poison control purposes?
REVIEW SNAPSHOT®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about V.E.T. Vitamin K1:
Had to buy this because my 5 pound Yorkie decided she liked rat poison. She also liked this medicine. She took her medicine twice a day just like she was eating a cookie!
Comments about V.E.T. Vitamin K1:
I bought K1 for my little dog due to kidney and liver failure and the k1 thickens her blood so she won't bleed to death. The meds came within 2 days of my order and such a low price it's unreal! The vet charges a dollar a pill and I got mine for 10 cents each! You can't beat the prices or the service! Awesome !