GingerLead Dog Support and Rehabilitation Harness
Going for a walk with your dog is one of life’s great pleasures. With the GingerLead rear support harness, those walks are still possible even when your dog is recovering from injury or surgery, or has weak legs, knees, or hips. This ingenious padded sling with an attached leash and handle provides the support and stability your dog needs to walk comfortably and safely.
- Soft padded sling has an integrated handle and leash
- Ideal for dogs recovering from surgery or suffering from leg, hip or back injury
- Easy to put on and use – only one hand needed to walk your dog
- Adjustable male and female slings are available in three sizes
Made in the U.S.A., GingerLead is ideal for dogs that are recovering from hip and knee surgery, have degenerative joints, or are older and just need extra support on their daily walks. By using the sling you can help control and support your dog’s back, hips and legs. The sturdy exterior is lined with soft padding that won’t chafe or bunch. An integrated handle and leash make it easy to put the GingerLead on your dog and attach it to any collar. Machine-washable slings come in male and female styles and three sizes including Tall.
What you should know about GingerLead:
- Sizes vary based on the width of the pad.
- The width of the padded sling is the primary difference between the large and small sizes.
- Be sure to select the female or male version when ordering.
- Follow the directions for putting the sling on your dog.
-If the GingerLead size you order does not fit your dog, please ship the wrong size back to VetRxDirect within 10 days of delivery and we will ship the correct size as a replacement. The original packaging must be included with the returned product to be eligible for exchange.
Please see our Return Policy
for more information and requirements.
Instructions for use of the GingerLead Dog Support Sling and Rehabilitation Harness
• Pass sling under your dog's belly holding the straps on each side of your dog. The handle should always be on the left side of your pet.
• Hold the handle with the attached leash on top. The corduroy lining should be facing down. Bring the free strap under the handle and align it beneath the strip of hook and loop.
• Wrap the handle under and around the loose strap and close the hook and loop ends of the handle together so the loose strap is inside the handle and the leash is on top.
• Attach the leash to your dog's collar with the snap hook and you are ready to go.
Why buy a GingerLead Dog Support Sling and Rehabilitation Harness?
• Recommended by veterinarians and orthopedic surgeons
• Provide rear support and stability for dogs with weak hind legs
• Post-operative surgery recovery harness
• Rehabilitate your dog's surgically repaired hips or knees
• Improve recovery from various back, hip, or leg injuries
• Help injured or elderly dogs walk
• Premium support sling with padded handle and leash
• Easy to use
• Machine washable
• Soft, padded belly sling
• Integrated handle and leash maximizes control, safety, and comfort
• Male specific model available
• Only one hand needed to help your dog walk
The width of our padded sling is the primary difference between the large and small size.
- FEMALE The width of the LARGE female GingerLead is 7.5 inches, measured from your dog's back legs forward along her abdomen. If the large is too wide for your dog, and your dog's abdomen exceeds 4 inches, order the SMALL harness. The sling with straps adjusts up to 60 inches in length for giant breed dogs (around a large body) or shorter dogs (pad lower to the ground).
- MALE The width of the LARGE male GingerLead is 5.5 inches in the center of the cutout, measured from your dog's genitals forward along his abdomen. If the large is too wide for your dog, and your dog's abdomen exceeds 3.5 inches, order the SMALL harness. The sling with straps adjusts up to 60 inches in length for giant breed dogs (around a large body) or shorter dogs (pad lower to the ground).
- The new Tall size is for tall, lean dogs like Great Danes or Greyhounds. The maximum length of the Tall size is 37 inches, which allows the handle to be closer to a tall dog’s back.