Duralactin® Feline L-lysine
Duralactin® Feline L-lysine is for use in cats and kittens as a supplement for clinical or latent conditions responsive to
L-lysine and MicroLactin®.
Duralactin Feline L-lysine is a highly palatable paste that cats prefer 1.64 times over the leading L-lysine product and contains:
- L-lysine which helps maintain respiratory and ocular health, especially in cats that are physically stressed.
- MicroLactin, an immuno-nutritional aid, which helps to manage chronic inflammation.
- Omega 6 and Omega 3 Fatty Acids which provide important immune system support.
Duralactin® Feline L-lysine
- Helps maintain respiratory and ocular health escpecially in cats that are physically stressed
- Highly palatable paste preferred by both healthy cats & cats in isolation for respiratory signs*
- Give orally or mix with food
- Each syringe in notched and marked for individual dose
- One syringe will treat one cat twice a day for a week
- Usually need 2 to 3 syringes per cat for treatment
Why has my veterinarian prescribed this medicine?
L-Lysine is an amino acid used to decrease the severity of symptoms such as inflammation of the eye (conjunctivitis) caused by feline herpesvirus type1.
How do I give this medication?
- Give this medication to your pet as directed by your veterinarian. READ THE LABEL CAREFULLY.
- If the medicine is a liquid, measure the dose with reasonable care.
- L-Lysine powder may be mixed in the food.
- Try to give this medication at about the same time each day.
- DO NOT give the pet more medicine than directed and do not give more often than directed.
- Try not to miss giving any doses.
What should I do if I miss giving a dose?
Give the dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose, and continue with the regular schedule. Do not give the pet two doses at once.
How do I store this medicine?
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Store this medicine in a cool, dry place at room temperature. Store away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Do not store this medicine in the bathroom, near the kitchen sink or in other damp places. The medicine may break down if exposed to heat or moisture.
What are the potential side effects?
"Occasionally stomach upset has been reported."
- Occasionally stomach upset has been reported.
- Side effects are generally rare.
Are there any possible drug interactions?
- Make sure to tell your veterinarian if you are giving your pet any other medication or supplements.
- Quite often, your veterinarian may prescribe two different medications, and sometimes a drug interaction may be anticipated. If this occurs, your veterinarian may vary the dose and/or monitor your pet more closely.
- Report any unusual symptoms to your veterinarian.
Duralactin Capsules for Cats and Duralactin Chewable Tablets for Dogs are also available at VetRxDirect.