When your cat or dog has a flesh wound or skin infection, you need to get fast, effective treatment to stop the infection from worsening or spreading. Prescription Clavamox is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that works quickly to control infection.
• Effective in treating a range of soft tissue bacterial infections including wounds, cellulitis, and abscesses
• Safe for treating urinary tract infections and gum disease
• Available in two convenient oral forms: tablets or drops
Clavamox is a safe, effective, oral antibiotic prescribed by veterinarians for treating a range of bacterial infections. This medication contains amoxicillin, a powerful penicillin-type antibiotic, and clavulanic acid, which is effective against bacteria that are normally resistant to amoxicillin. Clavamox tablets or drops can be used by both cats and dogs and is available in different strengths.
• Contact your veterinarian if your pet has an allergic reaction (swelling, shortness of breath, rash) or has diarrhea that is severe or lasts for more than three days
• Follow dosing directions exactly - don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
• Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
For additional information about Clavamox, click the "More Information" and "Package Insert" tabs above.
You can find Client Information Sheets which provides a summary of information about Clavamox Tablets and Drops by following the links below:
If you have questions or concerns about Clavamox, or conditions related to its use, contact your pet's veterinarian or pharmacist.
*This link opens in a new window.